• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Denton, NC rally: Parts For sale/WTB/WTT thread

If anyone needs any parts off a multifuel 5-ton now would be the perfect time! I have a 5th wheel hitch/ramps that will be going for scrap in the next few days unless someone wants them. Also if anyone wants the Scepter Jerry cans I will do $40 each at the show, I have about 20 of them, this is a cheap price as they are normally $80, these are NEW.

jlpayne

I'm curios how the brake job is goin? I just brought my duece home. Very bad brakes have to pump them to get pressure,I have one rear leaking wheel cylinder, and I'm guessing I need a master cylinder as well. Any thing else I should be thinking ??

Does anybody have cheap DOT5 brake fluid? I've been doing the brakes on the deuce and am tired of paying $25/qt!

wilfreeman

I'm curios how the brake job is goin? I just brought my duece home. Very bad brakes have to pump them to get pressure,I have one rear leaking wheel cylinder, and I'm guessing I need a master cylinder as well. Any thing else I should be thinking ??
I ran out of time as far as rebuilding my wheel cylinders and replacing the axle seals/boots (before the rally) , so all I did was replace the flex hoses and bleed the brakes. I built a pressure bleeder yesterday and that made very fast work (one person) of bleeding. Hook it up, pressure it up, bleed the airpack first, then go farthest to closest as usual. I would say go ahead and rebuild or replace everything (especially the flex hoses) - there's no room for problems with the single circuit brake system in these things! Check out my blog - I have pics of the pressure bleeder I built for about $10 (I already had most of the stuff to build it). http://duecem35a2.wordpress.com
PM me if you have any questions.

CGarbee

Hmmm,
Plastic five gallon water cans ($20/each)
Canbro tea/coffee dispensers (great for keeping 12oz cans on ice as well...) $30/each
Gillespie paint (PM me for colors/prices...not going to bring any unless requested).
Five ton dump truck troop seat/top kit (NOS, removed from shipping crate: another one that won't get loaded unless we make a deal before the event...).
Perhaps some generic M series electrical parts, depending on how I feel once I get the food loaded and the MKT hitched up to the XM813...

AMGeneral

OK - I'll run it past my Brother again tomorrow. He said something about putting super singles on the front a few weeks ago.
Ok,after careful measurement, there is only 1 inch difference between the backspacing on M34/M135 wheels vs the standard deuce rim.

So it would only widen the track on the front 2 inches total.

BELinNC

I have an excellent condition M1101 trailer for sale. No top or bows. Tan paint. Appears hardly used. Tires still have mold sprouts. $1000 or best offer.

wilfreeman

I'll start this off. Like I said on the information page, these larger items will only be brought to the rally if there is interest in them.

I have for sale:

Trailers:
- m100 trailer CHASSIS ONLY. Includes fenders - tub was rusted out and removed. $500
- 1990 m101a2 trailer in decent condition. Mismatched tires, has bows but no cover. $800 obo

M35a2 stuff:
- M35a2 rear axle. $500
- 4 mounted NDCCs - make offer
- 4 NDCCs with tubes and flaps - (ATPtac has first call on these) - make offer
- 2 door glass
- 2 NOS in box lower door glass channels and 2 door glass (1 new and 1 used/vg)
- 2 New windshield seals (ordered from Erik's with the full kit, but got new windshields, so I didn't need them)

Other stuff:
- 1954 Farmall Cub w/unrestored IH belly mower and belly scrape blade. Restored about 8 yrs ago and only moved out of the shop twice since then. $3000 obo.
- cckw grill. Make offer
- possibly an m38a1 all original. Will know for sure later this week. (not looking likely)

Pictures available upon request.
We might still be driving the deuce to the rally, so I am going to load up the unmounted tires/tubes/flaps and bring them if we do drive it. I will be selling them for $25/ea - discount on multiple tires. The other deuce stuff is on hold for now, as we might be building another truck and will need it. I didn't have any definite sale on the bigger stuff, so I won't be bringing any of it.

PowerstrokeNC

I have a few things....

* M923 Tarp and bows like new.
* Borg Warner turbos, for use on NHC 250 engine to make it a turbo, new in box
* Allison HT 740 D Transmission in crate
* Vehicle lifting slings, for anyone who wants to lift a vehicle of 8000lbs with a wrecker or crane. This includes the slings, load levelers, spreader bars etc. I don't think these were even used.

Any interest let me know, thanks