• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Fall Haspin Rally

Pugsley

Will anybody be at the meet that can help install a pyro/boost gauge? I can do the electrical and in cab stuff before, just need help mounting sensors.

gungearz

Will anybody be at the meet that can help install a pyro/boost gauge? I can do the electrical and in cab stuff before, just need help mounting sensors.
Pugsley... where do you live in NW Indiana... we could probably do the Pyro gauge before we go to haspin.... PM me if you prefer....

Pugsley

Quick question. I have been to Haspin several time but this will be my first time doing it in the Deuce. How much fuel should I have in the tank when I get there? I plan to show up Friday and leave Sunday.

I know that diesel near Haspin depends on if that one station is open or closed down, So I want to make sure I stop ahead of time if I need to.

gungearz

Quick question. I have been to Haspin several time but this will be my first time doing it in the Deuce. How much fuel should I have in the tank when I get there? I plan to show up Friday and leave Sunday.

I know that diesel near Haspin depends on if that one station is open or closed down, So I want to make sure I stop ahead of time if I need to.
Some of us get fuel right outside haspin... there's 2 gas stations within a half mile of each other right on the main route, half mile from haspin...

212sparky

I can run wednesday drive in to sunday drive home towing a mep0004a to and from and truck running 10 + hours a day and make it on a full tank. I do run my own mix from time to time to keep every thing lubed up.

Pugsley

I couldn't remember if either had Diesel. Last time I was there with my Ambulance I remember there being no diesel in town and had to drive 20 minuets to get some.

With all the hills is there a fuel level that is best? I know when my tank is near full and I go downhill I get diesel outside the tank around the filler hole. I don't think I am loosing much fuel, but would like to minimize the risk.

As far as camping I would normally do that in my ambulance, but considering the deuce is bigger then the ambulance and I won't need to tow anything I am wondering if a tent and cot in the deuce bed will work.

gungearz

I couldn't remember if either had Diesel. Last time I was there with my Ambulance I remember there being no diesel in town and had to drive 20 minuets to get some.

With all the hills is there a fuel level that is best? I know when my tank is near full and I go downhill I get diesel outside the tank around the filler hole. I don't think I am loosing much fuel, but would like to minimize the risk.

As far as camping I would normally do that in my ambulance, but considering the deuce is bigger then the ambulance and I won't need to tow anything I am wondering if a tent and cot in the deuce bed will work.
Pugsley.... if you leave from your place with a full tank... with a 105 all loaded down.. you will get to haspin with half a tank....

I usually fill up here... drive down there and hang out all week.. top off right before I leave and drive back....

Full tank should do you the same...

212sparky

The marathon has diesel in town. Just careful you don't pull up to the offroad pump with die in it. They are open till 10 at night.I would put your tent on the ground if you plan to wheel your truck.

gungearz

Pugsley.... if you leave from your place with a full tank... with a 105 all loaded down.. you will get to haspin with half a tank....

I usually fill up here... drive down there and hang out all week.. top off right before I leave and drive back....

Full tank should do you the same...
Oh, and I forgot to mention... for whatever reason. fueling up by haspin is a couple pennies more than filling up by us...

Pugsley

Anybody plan to go there on Friday that would like to convoy down there? I know I will have at least one ambulance with a buggy on a trailer that is going with me.

gungearz

The marathon has diesel in town. Just careful you don't pull up to the offroad pump with die in it. They are open till 10 at night.I would put your tent on the ground if you plan to wheel your truck.
Glad to see you sparky... any word yet if you're gonna go...? gotta get ahold of ms. Sparky to find out about the shirts... if she don't want to do them, I'm sure the company would have the old print that could be altered a little... and bill can make something happen around Milford....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks