• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 KAMO Rally Attendance thread, KS, AR, Missouri, Oklahoma

MAGNUM

Bringing 4 wheeler for trails. Since I'm by myself this year can't take a chance on tearing up CUCV. But we both know it WILL climb those hills. ;-)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is dark-30. No reports from the bonfire or nuttin. What a bunch of slackers

jasonjc

Well I counted 16 trucks in the pic, plus my M109 and MKT you can't see in the pic. Hoping for more next year!!!!!

jasonjc

Got home about 1400hrs. Had some problems with the M35, the fuel filter is getting clog. We stop once and tried to clean it out as best as we could. While we were cleaning the filter, the radiator started to spray fluid out the bottom hose. Opened the cap and let the pressure off and that seemed to work , made it home ok does seem to be leaking now. May just need a new cap or the over flow tube may be clogged.

NOW for the fun part.

Got in late Friday night , so my crew just set up camp and that was about it. About froze that night it was cold and had a heavy dew.

Got up Saturday morning and opened up the MKT. Then started making breakfast had planed on 45-60 people. So we made 15dz scrambled egg 10dz biscuits 3 gallons of gravy with some hamburger it and some sausage.

At first we thought we mite run out of food, BUTTTT then the line of people just ended! Ended up having more than half of the food over OPPPPS. Even went around demanding people come back for 3rds and 4ths.

After OVER eating, trying not to have to throw out tooo much food, we relaxed for some time. When the 3 gun shooters were done we loaded up for a nice little drive down the trails. We had 5 or 6 deuces a M38a1 and 5 or 6 5 tons. Had some nice hills to go up and down. On one I think I was dragging both the front and rear bumper at the same time. I didn't take any pic's:burn:I know I know. But the jeep in front of me was snapping a lot of pic's and my buddy in the back of my truck was taking a lot too. So as soon as my buddy sends me his I will post those up.

After the trail ride we took the group pic (posted above) that took awhile to get set up. Line up this way, no line up this way, no little trucks in front, no little trucks at the end.:whistle::popcorn: Wait now the bus is in the way.aua We need a truck too pull the bus out of the way. No just push the bus by hand. OK the bus is out of the way.[thumbzup] WAIT!!!!! :doh:THE BUS IS STILL ROLLING!!!! :gimp2:GET SOME ROCKS!!!:maddawg308: Ok, bus is chocked. Ok every one line up and start snapping pic. OK just leave the trucks in the road and go back too camp. Kick back and relax for a bit. Loaded the kids back up in the truck and went too check out some of the paint ball towns. Got back to camp just in time as the GF went to town and bought back ice cream:naner:.

Then Warthog showed up with goodies from OKC GL for SCSG4 , MWMULES ,um I forget the name(but I got your tire) and myself. Thanks aging Warthog.[thumbzup]

About 1800hrs MWMULES rang the chow bell. Had burgers and dog and home made hand cut fries, they were the best! Thanks Gbooth (I think,may have the name wrong) Note: shirts with names or name tags. Spent the rest of the night around the camp fire.

Sunday morning we made breakfast in the MKT for my crew. My buddy and GF really likes that big griddle , need to keep my eye on it, or it mite end up in the house.

Got done with that we pack it all back up and headed home. Next year need to get there much , much sooner in the day.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My CUCV and Ranger bike weren't in the picture,too far to the right. Pic of trail and props along the way. Dwayne now has 50 miles of trails! KAMO14 002.jpg KAMO14 013.jpg KAMO14 004.jpg KAMO14 011.jpg KAMO14 006.jpgKAMO14 003.jpg

MAGNUM

Thanks too everyone for a great weekend. Good food and company. Special thanks to Dwayne for the use of his site. I did not get to thank him in person. :-(

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the great breakfast. Wish I could have stayed longer but the wife decided we would spend the day hitting all the antique shop along Route 66 on the way home. Good thing I brought a trailer. :shock:

The tire is for Combat32 out of Booneville. He will be contacting you for the SS transfer

MAGNUM

MWMULES, What were those federal paint codes for the Behr paint? And where can I get the correct paint? After seeing all the other paint jobs I'm thinking of sanding mine down and repainting.:D

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Brown FS30051, Green FS34094, Black fs37030 get the Ultra flat exterior Home depot carries it.
Here are the rest of the most used ones
DesertTan 686A....33446
Sand ..................33303
Dark Sandstone.....33510
Earth Yellow..........33245
Field Drab.............33105
Earth Red.............31090
Brown 383............30051
Olive Drab............34088
Light Green...........34089
Green 383.............34094
Dark Green............34082
Forest Green.........34086
Black...................37030
Aircraft Gray.........36300
Aircraft Black.........37031
Aircraft Green........34031

jasonjc

I'm still waiting for my buddy to send me the pic's he took so I can post them up. What about the rest of you I know I seen more camera out there!:-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks