• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 MVPA National Convention- Louisville, KY

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is great. All I have to do is put up an avatar pic of someone and folks will think I'm that person.

jw4x4

Yep. Every time I see that avatar, I automatically think it's a post by swb. I suppose the mind pays more attention to a visual image than a printed one. I was wondering when swb was buying swimming pool parts in Kentucky.

123mack

I will be there, as well as other Dixie Division members. I regards to 2012, The M816 wrecker in question is mine. The bii was in the tool boxes, where it was supposed to be. The MVPA has a judging sheet with specific items by which the vehicle is scored. Having bii laid out is not one of them. I would have displayed, bur room would not allow.
If anyone wants to have a vehicle judged, the parameters are available from the MVPA.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Wife and I are thinking of going, we were already planning on vacation in KY. Anywhere to setup RV's on site?
Dennis I contacted them and got this today, "RV lot is located in the L Lot which is on the west side of the complex". It's the lot with the building and trees in the middle of it.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do think we should have some quick and obvious way of identifying SS folk. I have enjoyed meeting several folks at past events, but probably met others without knowing it. I'm pretty sure it was Papabear and company we exchanged frustrated but amused parking advice with one morning in 2012 (parking got all changed up from day 1 to day 2).

As usual, from the Austin area, at least Pawnshop, Reloader64 and myself will be there.

Having been to all but one of the last seven conventions, there were pluses and minuses at each one, but all were enjoyable and I'm glad I went.

Cheers

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed , how about some sort of name tag with a big SS and you web name on it ? :confused: I am open to suggestions , bob k

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to go if I can catch a ride with someone leaving from near my area and wouldn't mind strapping me to the luggage rack or pickup bed. If I'm provided with a space inside I would gladly chip in for fuel!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would love to go if I can catch a ride with someone leaving from near my area and wouldn't mind strapping me to the luggage rack or pickup bed. If I'm provided with a space inside I would gladly chip in for fuel!
If you can make it to athens you can ride with us.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I do think we should have some quick and obvious way of identifying SS folk. I have enjoyed meeting several folks at past events, but probably met others without knowing it. I'm pretty sure it was Papabear and company we exchanged frustrated but amused parking advice with one morning in 2012 (parking got all changed up from day 1 to day 2).

As usual, from the Austin area, at least Pawnshop, Reloader64 and myself will be there.

Having been to all but one of the last seven conventions, there were pluses and minuses at each one, but all were enjoyable and I'm glad I went. Cheers
I vaguely remember some sort of confusion over parking as if it's not hard enough to find a place to park that big arse dually...LOL.

I had a good time as well and there were some super vehicles on display...including the SCUD missile launcher!!

As far as being recognized maybe we should all wear some sort of distinctive headgear...like this maybe?

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm planing on going also, maybe we can convoy?
Since we're not entering a vehicle, we'll be in either a Civic or Dawn's Ram 2500. But yes we can.

jdknech

Well Ladies and Gentlemen; the time is very fast approaching!

The 2014 MVPA national Convention is going to be held in Louisville, KY this year on June 25[SUP]th[/SUP]-29[SUP]th[/SUP] with the 27[SUP]th[/SUP] and 29[SUP]th[/SUP] being the main days..

I have been asked by my MVPA chapter (“Kilroy club” as we are known locally) to reach out to the SteelSoldiers Community and answer questions, and provide Information about this years plans..
We are planning for a large turnout from all areas of the hobby, and we want ALL to feel welcome! ANYONE can display a vehicle, as long as you are a MVPA member... Even if it is not original, or heavily modified..

We have the antique military construction equipment group coming, and performing outdoor demonstrations with there equipment

We are also looking for Military Fire trucks, and Gun trucks and anything else you might want to “showoff”

We hope to see YOU there!

jdknech

THE CURRENT SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Tuesday 24 June
5:00 pm – 10:00 pm Early Vendor Move-in

Wednesday 25 June
7:00 am – 5:00 pm Vendor Move-in
7:00 am – 8:00 pm Vehicle Move-in and Pre-judging
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Registration - Vendors Only
9:00 pm South Wing Closed
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Belle of Louisville Cruise departs Crowne Plaza - Advance Tickets Required

Thursday 26 June
7:30 am Early Access for Vendors Only
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Swap Meet & Vehicle Display Open – Registration Required
8:00 am – 9:00 am Vehicle Judges Meeting
8:30 am – 1:00 pm Kentucky Derby Museum Tour – Depart Crowne Plaza - Advance Tickets Required
9:00 am Vehicle Judging Begins
10:00 am – 11:00 am Military Construction Demonstration – Outside in Grassy Area
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Military Construction Demonstration – Outside in Grassy Area
5:00 pm South Wing Closed For Vending
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm South Wing Displays Remain Open
5:30 pm Cash Bar Open–KEC South Wing Meeting Rooms
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Dinner Buffet Opens–KEC South Wing Meeting Rooms - Advance Tickets Required
7:00 pm – 8:00 pm MVPA Auction – KEC South Wing Meeting Rooms – Everyone Welcome

Friday 27 June
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Swap Meet & Vehicle Display Open – Registration Required
9:00 am – 3:00 pm Fort Knox Tour departs Crowne Plaza - Advance Tickets Required
10:00 am – 11:00 am Military Construction Demonstration – Outside in Grassy Area
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Military Construction Demonstration – Outside in Grassy Area
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm MVPA Affiliate, Newsletter and Web Master Meeting – KEC Meeting Room
5:00 pm South Wing Closed
6:00 pm Cash Bar Open - Crowne Plaza Ballroom
7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Dinner Buffet opens - Crowne Plaza Ballroom - Advance Tickets Required
8:00 pm – 9:00 pm Awards Presentation - Crowne Plaza Ballroom – Everyone Welcome

Saturday 28 June
8:00 am – 4:00 pm MVPA Swap Meet & Vehicle Display Open to the Public
9:00 am – 3:00 pm Downtown Museum Tour Departs Crowne Plaza Hotel - Advance Tickets Required
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm Military Vehicle Rodeo at the Horse Arena – Everyone Welcome
4:00 pm Early Move-Out

Sunday 29 June
7:00 am – 12:00 pm Final Move Out

Schedule Updated Regularly and Subject to Change