• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 MVPA National Convention- Louisville, KY

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If we can get whatever into the truck to be able to bring back for someone I would be happy to do it - safely.
Yep, we will have an F350 Stretch Dually empty (unless I can buy something with my looks:whistle:) heading back to Columbus, Georgia if we can help anyone. I don't want to get into long term storage of anything though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't be long now. About 2 more years and maybe I can attend one of these. Maybe sooner if they hold in in West Palm Beach. FWIW if it's ever held in WPB, needs to be in Jan or Feb to be tolerable!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It won't be long now. About 2 more years and maybe I can attend one of these. Maybe sooner if they hold in in West Palm Beach. FWIW if it's ever held in WPB, needs to be in Jan or Feb to be tolerable!
They (MVPA) seem to be smart enough to do these events indoors, in air conditioned facilities.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only downside is that it is in the flight path of one the biggest air cargo hubs in the world. I wonder if it is noisy at night?

;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I look out to the east of my current location I see the Broward County Convention Center. It's a super nice facility and security is paramount. It's probably big enough I wager that you could fit 50 of them indoors at KEC. I don't recall the exposition center being that noisy from the UPS hub. Lots of 747s there.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The MVPA would love to have one on the East coast, but none of the affiliate chapters out there want to host one. Last one East was 2001 Fort Lee, VA. Next year it's and hour from the house!

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As I look out to the east of my current location I see the Broward County Convention Center. It's a super nice facility and security is paramount. It's probably big enough I wager that you could fit 50 of them indoors at KEC. I don't recall the exposition center being that noisy from the UPS hub. Lots of 747s there.
Then you should talk to the Florida MVPA group. It's up the state chapter to pitch a potential event to the national group and prove they can put it on.

I wish Georgia could get the dukws in a row.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if that's the case then I'll just come to the midwest. I never felt welcome at the FFC and let my membership expire after just one year.

B3.3T

We attend the annual SOS Militaria Show there every winter and stay right across the street. The airport is no problem at all. The flightpaths are to the south.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Word of caution , if you are driving up 65 from Nashville and parts south , give yourself plenty of time , there is LOTS of road construction , down to 1 LANE in some spots north of ETOWN ! We are going in a day early just to give us some wiggle room . We hit a amazing amount of road work this year , guess it's got to get done but ALL at once !!! Time for a cold one !!!:beer:

jdknech

The only downside is that it is in the flight path of one the biggest air cargo hubs in the world. I wonder if it is noisy at night?

;-)
the noise from the airfield (SDF) is not that noticable.. it does not go directly over the fairgrounds.. and speaking of, if you havent seen the fairgrounds in say 5 years? you would not recognize it.. they have majorly expanded the buildings..

We are looking forward to seeing everyone! almost a record amount of vehicles regestered!! and lots of vendors, and they are ALL indoors in the AC!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The MVPA would love to have one on the East coast, but none of the affiliate chapters out there want to host one. Last one East was 2001 Fort Lee, VA. Next year it's and hour from the house!
So the National chapter would like to do one here but none of the clubs are either up to it or want to?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks