• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 SoCal Spring Rally

What dates do you want to have the 2014 SoCal Spring Rally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Artisan

Well I hope there are lots more videos and pics to come.

Sadly I could not make it. I just bought and M916 and a AWSOME
trailer for it and I am really really busy getting it all together.

The M916 went to a trans shop today to get a new trans stuffed
in it and I award a contract SOON for a company to get me
my new trailer from Rock Island Illinois to VEGAS or L A. If anyone
knows a good shipper OR someone who has a proper truck
to flat tow it please contact me YESTERDAY.

7000 pounds new trailer either towed wheels on asphalt
or on a trailer. At GL in Rock Island.

B

Blendmaster2002

Ok here’s The 2014 SoCal Spring Rally recap brought to you by Blendmaster, the recap you have all been waiting for, or not.:grin:

Gripy and I convoyed out Thursday afternoon, set up camp, then we went to work digging out the fire pit and going over the layers with the magnet, then BBQ’d up some burgers.

A little later Fastnova’s group arrived along with Jeremy’s group, Jeremy whole deuce bed full a little higher than the troop seats with wood from large trees, he had split a lot of the wood as well. Russum arrived late that evening also.

Firday Fastnova’s group was blasting around on a razor they had brought with them, Fast took Gripy Russum and I on a long run, we decided to play around in a powdery sand pit with the razor until we were the perfect sand color from head to toe!

Afternoon, the rest of my group arrived along with Prospector, the rest of Fastnova’s group arrived and late afternoon Hundy showed up.

Friday night we had a “night run” trail ride.TrueNight got to camp while we were on our night run.

In the morning we went on our Saturday Trail run out to the dry lake bed, where this year we held the SoCal Tug off, first Fast with his 5 ton challenged Jeremey with his 2.5 ton and Gripy with his 1.25 ton and pulled on them, so then Fast with his 5 ton challenged once again, Jeremy with his 2.5 ton and me with my 2.5 ton and we pulled on him and on the second pull the strap broke and hit the back of Jeremy’s truck bending over the license plate and bending the bed surface above the bumperrets!

We then had another dry lake drag race.Continuing on after the lake bed we were about halfway along the trail ride, when Jeremey’s truck decided it did not want to run any longer, so we dug out our tool boxes and checked the fuel shut off and metering pin on the side of the head unit and the plugs passages plus a few other things and it looked good, decided to tow bar him back to camp where we could dig deeper into the truck, so out came Fast’s tow bar and Fast towed him into camp.

Later that afternoon we discovered his in-tank pump had failed, and also that his filters may be clogged so after dropping his filters, flushing the fuel lines cleaning the filters, canisters and replacing the one that was clogged with a spare I had. we primed the system, by pressurizing the tank with the return line unhooked at the tank with air, then the truck was running very well.

Fastnovas group held their excellent BBQ for everyone, it was time to eat just in as Jeremy’s truck roared to life!
There was more than enough food for the whole group they cooked up BBQ Chicken, Sausages, Carne asada, tortillas, guacamole, salsa, sliced cucumbers and more!

So a big thanks goes out to Fastnova’s group for a great BBQ!

After dinner with stuffed stomachs it was decided that some of the attendees would hike up and climb the large butte we set camp up by, which acts as a huge backdrop for cleanup activities. One of Fast’s group and I decided to climb to the top and walk across toward another side of the butte and look off, amazing views that’s for sure!

Saturday night we did yet another night run! And Jeremey’s truck even felt good enough for dry lake drifting!

Of course in between activities, “clean-up” activities commenced.
Every evening everyone was huddled around the fire pit for relaxing evening chat and stories etc..:beer:

Sunday morning Fastnova unveiled his Top Secret Project X…………… ooh the suspense may be unbearable for some, maybe you will have to wait and come see it at the next SoCal Desert Rally in the Fall.

We then packed up and convoyed out, and at the highway we had Jeremey lead, just incase he had any problems, and the plastic fuel line to the head unit decided to spring a leak a few times but we patched his truck up and I convoyed until my exit then headed home.

What a great time. It was great seeing everyone again!

Till next time :driver:.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very well said Blendmaster!
I request a rematch! My truck was not in low gear for the tug of war. Next time I'll bring out the tug boat rope so you guy's won't get away from me when the strap breaks. Then I will show you guy's what a 5 ton can do.:driver:

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, sounds like a great time was had by all. That is a very nice recap of the weekend fun, I wish we had places like that around here to use.

Can't wait to see the pictures from the whole weekend.

Bert

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Russm,

Thanks for sharing the pictures, that looks like a great place to go wheeling.
The third picture in post #129 of the Doberman, reminded me of my old dog "Hula" from 25 years ago.

Bert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks