• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Aberdeen and Findlay shows -SAME DAYS!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonderful. Both Findlay Ohio MV show and Aberdeen MD MV shows are on the same days in 2015... GREAT PLANNING......

Now we make the vendors decide which show to attend.......

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
If that schedule doesn't change, I will go to Ohio. Longer drive but the interest in the M151 stuff was much better in Findlay compared to Aberdeen. And it's not in a parking lot!

Guy

amgeneral72

After this year Im done with Aberdeen ( after going for many years ). If it moves up to the museum in Carlyle, PA like has been discussed, then Ill start going again. Otherwise Ill spend the time and money to do another show.

Last edited:

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
I just went on the MVPA site and they have the Findlay show listed as May 15th - 17th 2014, not 2015. So do they have a typo with the year or did they copy this years date?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Findlays FaceBook page says May 15-17, 2015........
Aberdeen's says May 14-16, 2105......

if you thought Aberdeen was not so well attended this year, just wait....... WTF were they thinking?

Last edited:

Whiterabbit

I used to go to the APG show in the late 90's while stationed up there. Nice show, kind'a stuffy, nothing to do but wander around. I can only imagine it at that Ripkin "museum" thing. LOL! Yea..... Pass.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've not been to Aberdeen since 2005. I didn't fit in well with most of them. The pavement absolutely sucks unless you're wheelchair bound.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been going to the Findlay show for the last five years, and never been disappointed. Always a good time.
Never been to the Aberdeen show, glad I didn't waste the trip.

ollied

I am a member of the wac bg have not mjssed a erc since 91, will going to finley 2015 .Back when i was treaser for 15 years) we had a agreement to not have our show on the same weekend as Finley , the wac bg does not care about venders or other clubs . I am done

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The Ga. rally is becoming/is what Aberdeen used to be, same with MVPA conventions,

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've been to both, now-a-days Findlay is way better. I miss seeing the guys out east, but the selling(and buying) is much better in Findlay.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you guys have not attended the Findlay show, you guys are really missing out. Hope to see you all there in 2015.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So according to your January 2014 Minutes, your cost to rent the parking lot has dropped from $13,000 to $5,000, but you guys have elected to keep the cost per space the same at $60? A space at Gilbert costs $25, Sussex is $30, and Aberdeen is $60. No wonder the Gilbert and Sussex shows were packed with vendors, and at Abderdeen over the past few years, not so much.....

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The drive to Findlay is worth every mile from SC. Aberdeen got worse and worse. The best part was the convoy in, and that died off quick when fuel skyrocketed.

Highy recommend the Findlay show. If you are from the southeast I will have two more empty seats next year...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was my first year of missing Findlay due to work and I hope nothing comes up next year.

Great show and friends.

I have never been to the Aberdeen show but I have been to the Findlay show. It's a shorter drive for me to start with as I live in the Dayton area. I might have been tempted to go to a show at Aberdeen in a future year, but now that they have scheduled their show to compete with the Findlay show, they're scratched off my list permanently. Findlay is closer and there are more vendors with more wares to sell. There's usually a pretty good turn-out of old green iron too.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Findlay for me you can't beat it plus I get to hang out with a bunch of buckeye boys. Sill looking for a wrecker ball picture! I have been doing shows since the 80's and it is 2nd only to the Ga rally. Next would be Iola then the KAMO.

Last edited: