• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Edgewood Ky July 4th Parade (Cincinnati/N Ky area)

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment Parking Lot A.pdfView attachment Parade-Route-2015.pdfView attachment Parade Route Start 2015 map.pdfView attachment PARADE ENTRY _.docxView attachment Parade Instructions 2015.doc

Hi all, Crusher has a conflict this year so I am coordinating our participation. Of the parades we have done this one is my favorite. It goes through a residential neighborhood and the crowd really appreciates the MVs. If you search Edgewood here on SS you can see the prior threads with pictures.

This year the theme is "Stay Strong America", with various prizes for the entries. You can throw candy if you want but everybody has to ride, "no walkers".

The parade is at 09:30 on the 4rth. We are to arrive by 08:45. Please note that the starting location has changed to Turkeyfoot Middle School rather than the Kmart on Dixie. The first part of the route from Dixie over to Turkeyfoot has been cut but the rest is the same.

I have 4 slots (#20-23) reserved but we can fit in more. Please advise if you can make it or even if you are a "maybe" so I can give our best estimate to the coordinator the day before.

Instructions, parking map etc. attached. Hope you can make it, Chris Cary

The HUlk

The Independence, KY parade is in the afternoon. We CAN make the Edgewood parade! Please count us in and confirm there is room for us.

looking forward to meeting you all :)

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sound like we have around 5. I had mentioned to the parade coordinator that we might have about 6 and she indicated that 6 would be fine. The #20-23 block was just a continuous group of unissued numbers near the front.

I've sent a note asking if there is a limit we should stick to, will advise. Anybody else thinking about it?

Thanks, Chris.

212sparky

It looks like I am working this weekend on outage and holiday pay so I am going to have to pass on the parade this year. Hope every body is safe and dry this year.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have been relocated to "along the curb in Lot C" with no limit on the number of entrants. Lot C is shown in the second of the two maps above. I should be receiving an updated map with our lineup location highlighted, which I will post when I get it.

So I suppose we don't really need a count and it is OK to just show up, but I will still plan to give an estimate to the coordinator on Friday based on responses here. Thanks all, Chris.

A couple of us are planning to meet at Frisch's in Erlanger at 7:30 to catch some breakfast before the parade. It's 6 minutes from the parade start.
Frisch's is at 4016 Dixie Hwy., 41018. Everyone welcome to attend.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pictures of the lineup. The first two are sporting Haspin dust and mud, respectively.

IMG_1641.jpgIMG_1642.jpgIMG_1643.jpgIMG_1644.jpg

Thanks everybody, looking forward to next year!

Nskaats

Dragging an old post back from the dead. I wish I would have known about this, I'll have to join the group next year. This parade actually goes through my parent's neighborhood too. I believe my cousin had my truck in it when he owned it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks