• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Ga. Rally Volunteers Needed

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, it's close enough for me to start bugging people to make sure they have their information to Clinto so we get the volunteer data updated.

We have a few things that people can signup for but if you just want to volunteer for anything in general just say that as well.

(the latrines/portajons are done by Durhamtown)

Jimma

I maintain the medical supplies for the rally. If anyone has anything they would like to contribute to what we have dontations will be gladly accepted. I have c-collars, ace bandgages, triangular bandages, tourniquets and a bunch of trauma supplies but could use things such as simple bandaids, and simple first aid items to deal with cuts, scrapes, stings, ant bites and bumps and bruises.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Kenny, if you need help at the front, I hope/plan to be nearby. Mike, I'm planning to get there early so I can help set up whatever needs set up. Told the folks I'm leaving WV on Thursday late afternoon with a fall back absolutely nlt Friday at noon. Figure 12 to get to GA, I'll have to figure out the whole download/upload thing yet since I have 15 lbs needing to fit on a 5 lbs bag.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Folks, I have to ask for a little help here:

The professional videographer we had lined up to shoot this years event (including the hardball convoy) is not going to be able to make it this year. So we need some videographers to shoot the hardball convoy and maybe some interviews and footage of the rally. Similar to the excellent video shot in 2012.

I'd like to have 3 videographers, so we have some backups if something goes wrong. We need folks who have equipment that is capable of getting a decent image (HD) and preferably, something capable of capturing some good sound.

Our videographer had graciously offered to shoot the event for free, other than admission. The rally doesn't have a lot of spare money, especially with us buying our own insurance policy this year and a PA system, so we can't offer much, but I figure we can manage free spectator admission and we'll try to accommodate videographers needs as best we can.

If you're interested, pm me. Most of the work will be on Saturday. Maybe 3-5 hours worth? I don't even need an editor; I can edit raw footage. I just need experienced camera operators who understand angles, light, etc.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I maintain the medical supplies for the rally. If anyone has anything they would like to contribute to what we have dontations will be gladly accepted. I have c-collars, ace bandgages, triangular bandages, tourniquets and a bunch of trauma supplies but could use things such as simple bandaids, and simple first aid items to deal with cuts, scrapes, stings, ant bites and bumps and bruises.

Jimma, I have extra bandages of the personal booboo type I can bring. I got a box with over 200 in it and I only put about 30 or so of various sizes in my med bag that I'll have at the command tent.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We still need volunteers for a few things and the biggest being trail ride leaders.

PM clinto or swbradley1 if you want the job and there are several openings.
Folks, we need a few people to run trail rides.

A trail ride leader should be knowledgeable about the D-town trail system (i.e. where they go, how long they take to make a circuit and how large a vehicle can fit), have experience in safe and professional recovery and be responsible (i,e, show up when you're supposed to).

If you're that person, contact us. :)

Al Harvey

Jimma,

I'll be bringing our medical kits from our range. Just let Crystal know if you need anything.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won't be coming this year, but last year was my first year, and I helped out with the registration and the special action under sgt maj Rmtaunton.
:beer:
Speaking from a perfect experience, for those coming for the first time this year or onhangers who were not active before, being a volunteer is THE way how to get in touch, get to know people and have fun. It makes the rally from your basic "yeah, not bad" to something special you'll remember.

[thumbzup]

(Written from my ipad. I hate those things for answering forums, I am getting too old for that new s....t)

sandcobra164

Just wanted to confirm that I will man the registration tent after I get settled in. I should arrive around lunch and report for duty around 1600 unless we have a breakdown. I think we'll be fine though. I'll bring a friend as well so the usual staff can take a break for quite a while and we'll meet and greet all who show up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks