• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 LA Rally Multimedia Thread

goldneagle

Had a great time at Tim's Rally. Got to hang around with the GA Mafia crowd. My sammiches were a hit! Got a lot of compliments on my M1008 CAMO paint job. Here are some pictures I took after lunch in the GA Mafia Headquarters.

Attachments

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This rally lived up to the perception everyone has of Louisiana with the rain we got. I think it rained at least a little everyday, and on Sat. we had a frog drowner thunderstorm that left standing water everywhere. My feet have been wet for two straight days. At least at this Rally we had some mudslinging. Tim's tractor had to pull out Carnac's rig and the GA Mafia crew since they got stuck in the mud. The 4x4 and 6x6 trucks had no problem with the mud.

Thursday photos - Getting ready

Setting up the MKT trailerIMG_1355.jpg

General BS deciding what needs doing next IMG_1356.jpg

Carnac has arrived!! Unloading begins.IMG_1358.jpg

Frodo insisted he just had to try out the MKT can opener - with expected results. IMG_1359.jpgIMG_1360.jpg

Miss Pam took over so we would have enough chili/mac & cheese left to eat for supper. Does Frodo look a little sheepish? Nah.IMG_1361.jpg

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Friday pics. I got back to Tims place around 1400 hrs on Fri, so didn't take many photos.

My camping rig on the road IMG_1365.jpg

TWright repairing some of Carnac's trailer damage from the lost tire while Carnac supervises IMG_1366.jpg

Hobbits do have some uses. Frodo fits behind the tire of Tim's wrecker to work on the starter. He found a loose ground and the wrecker is working again.
IMG_1367.jpg

A few early browsers for Carnac's wares while PapaBear and BabyBear supervise IMG_1368.jpg

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturday Photos. Too busy having fun or running my mouth to take many again, but I did remember the camera occasionally.

Tony found someone who would listen to his Navy yarns (at least as long as he held the tennis ball) IMG_1370.jpg

A crappy photo of the Texas contingent cooking eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits for breakfast. IMG_1372.jpg

Obviously they did a great job! IMG_1374.jpg

General pics IMG_1375.jpg IMG_1376.jpg IMG_1378.jpg IMG_1384.jpg

These were a panorama series of photos, and somehow Frodo got in all three!
IMG_1379.jpg IMG_1380.jpg IMG_1381.jpg

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With a thunderstorm looming, Carnac and friends started loading up for his return to El Paso.
IMG_1382.jpg IMG_1385.jpg

After the storm, Frodo was on the tractor to pull Carnac out of the site. Must have been a Government project with all the supervisors. Even Baby Bear had some input. Carnac was able to hit the road early, hoping to get to San Antonio before stopping, but had a loose battery ground wire that delayed him for some time in Lafayette. Everyone blamed the poor LA roads for shaking the ground wire loose.
IMG_1392.jpg

Photos of some of the attendees trying to stay dry.
IMG_1386.JPG IMG_1387.JPG IMG_1389.jpg IMG_1390.jpg IMG_1391.JPG

Sorry for no more photos of the MVs, but I was just too busy visiting with everyone.

m715mike

Trailboss - Your pictures are giving me this strange feeling of deja vu... It feels like I was just there... :grin:

Seriously, great job with the camera and details from the weekend!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And it looks like a good time for all. So, Trailboss, how did the new truck and camper trailer work out for you? I know not as much room as a deuce and 105 but for me, it's a darn sight easier going down the road!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter

goldneagle

How about using telescoping poles that twist to lock as legs for that outside table/counter top. You can hinge them to the plywood and put a spring clip to hold them folded up for storage. Telescoping poles like ones used for squeegee to clean windows or like painter's poles for paint rollers.

AP Products 013-135 Adjustable Folding Table Leg

21B79fFPAuL.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Tim and Pam for putting up with me. What a weekend! I think if I had had the deuce, I would have made it out a-ok.

I think Twright talked to that dog more than anyone else. I thought it was going to dognap him.

We barely even scratched the surface of the boxes before the rains set in. Guess folks will have to chase me down at Findlay.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Here's my little contribution to the thread:

First...thanks to Tim and Ms. Pam for hosting in their usual outstanding fashion. They are both truly good Americans and super special friends!:beer:

Our time there was short but well worth the trip to link up with some friends we already knew and to meet some new ones.:D

Here's a few pics we took while there. The pic of the traffic jam was on I-10E where we sat dead still for about 40 minutes and never did know why. It wasn't all bad though...people were getting out of their vehicles and socializing in the middle of the interstate and four HOT young ladies drug out some beer and wine and of course they needed to use the bathroom in the camper.:roll:

Attachments

joeM62

Yeah and I fell asleep in the 105 while this was going but it being my first time thank you Tim and Pam for putting this on and everybody getting together for this.

zout

More evidence for a later action by the Gwinnett Sheriff Dept100_2833.jpg100_2834.jpg100_2835.jpg100_2836.jpg100_2837.jpg100_2838.jpg100_2839.jpg Deb chased that huge snapping turtle around tims yard so any hard evidence could be devoured (mostly incriminating stuff) then he headed back into his pond where it was closer for us to drag the stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks