• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 Ga Military Vehicle Rally volunteers needed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok folks, the main information thread for the 16GMVR is up (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...tary-Vehicle-Rally-info-thread-Oct-19-23-2016) and this thread is for volunters.

We need volunteers for:

Registration Tent:
The RT staff assists rally attendees by telling them where to go, where what is, helping them find their friends, etc., etc. RT staff job is easy and you get to meet almost everyone from the rally.

MKT:
We need people to assist in setup (Wednesday evening), cooking/cleaning/serving (Wednesday evening through Sunday morning) and cleanup/takedown Sunday morning. We really need some help in this arena. SCSG does a literally incalculable amount of work to make this happen, but he needs some help, especially with cleanup and takedown on Sunday. Please assist in any way that you can.

Swap Meet:

We need a couple people to run the swap meet. These people will tell newly arriving vendors where they need to go and help people throughout the event.

General assistance:
Runners, trail ride recovery experts, etc.

Please either post here in this thread your name, cell # (let us know if your cell can't do texting), and when you're available and what you want to do. You can PM me if you don't want your info out in the public realm.

Thanks folks!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The CAMO Crew will be available for the general go-fer duties we have performed the last few years from Wednesday afternoon thru Saturday around noon.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The CAMO Crew will be available for the general go-fer duties we have performed the last few years from Wednesday afternoon thru Saturday around noon.
You guys were an enormous help last year with the Gator. BabyBear is the best runner/go-fer ever.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Still wanting to have rally medical staff?
Yeah and I'm sending you a pm tonight about that and some embroidery questions.

Any special projects yet
None yet. But give us enough time and Ferro will come up with a good idea. He keeps threatening to do some kind of Ga. Rally railroad but at this point, he might just be trolling us.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I should be there early also and can help Ferroequinologist with the vendor layout. I think the way we did it last year without having tire blowing stakes worked out pretty well. If Kenny brings the spray cart, I have some paint for it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My spray cart source has evaporated but I might have another option. Let me reach out and see.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Mike he had a little push cart cart.jpe that rolled and held the spray upside down. I just picked up the wand version, wand.jpg
like the dig safe guys use so we are good to go. If I need wheels I can have Gimpy drag me around in someones cart.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks