• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 SoCal Summer Rally Aug, 4-6 Big Bear California San Bernardino Mtns. camping

NovacaineFix

Got some cool video, but got to edit it down a bit to get to the good parts, but here are some photos in the meantime.

Group MV photo, there are more people here, but these were the MV's that went out on the daytime trail ride
20170805_141734.jpg
The downward climb
20170805_133910.jpg
The new game of Jim-ga, not to be confused with Jenga (inside joke, right Jim?)
20170805_181802.jpg20170805_183735.jpg

Prospector's M35A2 coming down the backside of the mountain on the way home
20170806_135813.jpg
Don't move, there is a CUCV (M1009) hiding in the brush)
20170806_141318.jpg

Sideways Mike (another inside joke), sorry didn't get you coming down the hill, you were too fast for me.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 3.10.06 PM.jpg

saltydeuce

Not me, that was why I stopped going. I still have hearing loss and tinnitus in my left ear from a firecracker some drunk a-hole threw at me. "Heads up" doesn't mean "plug your ears" for people who aren't in on the joke.
I think you owe everyone an apology none of use have thrown or will throw fireworks at anyone people that never been to a event will read this and think we are a bunch of" aholes "you act like you never came back to a event when you were in Barstow at the last one having a good time I seen you bring this up before and now here it is again. Build a bridge and get over it are ready and stop making us sound like a bunch of "aholes"

MrsBlendmaster

Hi everyone!
Blendmaster2002's wife here. Had a great weekend with old friends and happily made some new ones! Weather was perfect and food was delicious as always, this pregnant lady had a blast. My favorite part of the weekend was probably beating Blendmaster at giant Jenga with the help of ProspectorGM. Sorry I didn't get too many pictures, was too busy enjoying myself and forgot to pull out my camera. Definitely looking forward to bringing Baby Blendmaster next year!

2017-08-07 08.53.27 1.jpg20170805_144349.jpg20170805_144532.jpg

Attachments

MrsBlendmaster

Also saw Torisco's convoy back home while I was out and about today. Don't know if you recognized me but I was the black jeep that waved at you, haha! It made my day to see you guys, such a small world. My half says hi too. ;) Hope you all made it home safe!

20170807_145320.jpg

JDToumanian

Sorry to hear about your bad experience JDT, but I think to clarify things for those that don't know about it, that was a different group altogether, though it doesn't excuse that kind of behavior and I think that most of the guys that I know from this group would agree.
Not everyone has the same idea of what fun is, but usually drunkenness and fireworks don't mix well and you and your wife were sadly victims of that.

Multiple sources tell me that the person who did that hasn't attended any of these events, but though as I am a relative new-comer to the scene, I could be wrong.

Don't get me wrong JD, not trying to pick a fight with you or try to put you on the spot, just think it's not cool to lump these guys in with bad events from another group from years ago. And I "assume" you were not making that association with that drunken firework thrower guy, but more or less just generalizing why you haven't attended other events since that.

BTW, it was nice to meet you at the last rally before this one (in Barstow)
I agree completely... I took Hundy's reference to be to the old "Camp Dirtbag" events, which got a little too drunk and stupid for my taste toward the end. The SoCal Rallies are different altogether, I enjoyed meeting you guys at the last one and I regret that I was unable to make it to this one.

Regards,
Jon

JDToumanian

I think you owe everyone an apology none of use have thrown or will throw fireworks at anyone people that never been to a event will read this and think we are a bunch of" aholes "you act like you never came back to a event when you were in Barstow at the last one having a good time I seen you bring this up before and now here it is again. Build a bridge and get over it are ready and stop making us sound like a bunch of "aholes"
The reference was regarding the prior Dirtbag events and that he missed that "fun"... I know this is a different group, and that's why I came to the last one and will come again in the future, but I'll never "get over it" because I have a constant reminder that I have to struggle with for the rest of my life unless they manage to come up with a cure. Never being able to experience SILENCE can drive you mad if you let it. But I'll try to stop mentioning it........ :deadhorse:

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to derail this thread.

Jon

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks