• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2021-22 Washington State HB 1439 - Authorizing military surplus vehicles to operate on public highways.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dead. Didn't even make it out of committee.

WA has been tightening restrictions on military vehicles, even nullifying registrations in some cases.

Because each office is independently run, some things can get through the cracks, but there is a memo telling them to NOT register ANY military vehicle...

LoveThySpatula

Dead. Didn't even make it out of committee.

WA has been tightening restrictions on military vehicles, even nullifying registrations in some cases.

Because each office is independently run, some things can get through the cracks, but there is a memo telling them to NOT register ANY military vehicle...
I just got the emails about this yesterday from our reps. The lead sponsor seems to think that it has a decent chance of passing next session with some support from the public.

I have seen this memo you mentioned as it was presented to me during the registration process.

Gypsyman

I've been trying to read more about this. Has the issue been mostly with the Humvee owners and the data plate on the dash? I had no problem at all with my M35A2C but I had a title.

LoveThySpatula

I've been trying to read more about this. Has the issue been mostly with the Humvee owners and the data plate on the dash? I had no problem at all with my M35A2C but I had a title.
The only issue I was presented with is that it does not have a FMVSS certification (proven to be certified by an engraved plaque mounted somewhere on the vehicle), therefore it is too dangerous to drive on the street. I did not get any greif about the VIN or other data plates and I also had an out-of-state street title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks