• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2021 SoCal Spring Rally

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know a place that works on the Deuce split rims? I needs to get a tube changed out.
Parkhouse used to work on deuce rims. They aren't split rims BTW. Worst case is if you can't find anyone and can make it to camp, I can do it for you. Just LMK before Tuesday so I can load my tire tools.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parkhouse used to work on deuce rims. They aren't split rims BTW. Worst case is if you can't find anyone and can make it to camp, I can do it for you. Just LMK before Tuesday so I can load my tire tools.
Split rim

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Split rim
A split rim is exactly that -a rim that is split in two pieces and bolts together. Super dangerous. The Navy calls the deuce style rims a Demountable Flange type, but I've heard them called split ring or locking ring. Super easy to work on. I taught kids in my boy scout troop how to do them.

Steve92307

Im gonna call them tomorrow and I'll let you know. Thanks!

Steve92307

No problem. We can knock it out pretty easy in camp if needed.
The Parkhouse near me does do the military wheels but they are backed up for a couple weeks. I dont have a new tube right now. Do you happen to have one I can buy off you out at the rally?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Parkhouse near me does do the military wheels but they are backed up for a couple weeks. I dont have a new tube right now. Do you happen to have one I can buy off you out at the rally?
I used my last tube on my spare. I have 6 on order but not due in until Friday. Does Parkhouse have a tube they will sell?

Steve92307

I used my last tube on my spare. I have 6 on order but not due in until Friday. Does Parkhouse have a tube they will sell?
I got one on order too but not due here until Thursday. We will see about that, I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any to sell

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one on order too but not due here until Thursday. We will see about that, I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any to sell
Im changing out all 10 tires when we get back. I ordered 6 tubes in case something came up during the great tire swap adventure.

vvwilkins

My Air Dryer purge valve failed over the weekend while doing a prep/maintenance run. Fortunately I was back home when the air pressure dropped to 60 psi. Getting a service kit from Eriks Military surplus - should be a quick fix and up and running by Thursday....

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you get a tube? I’m leaving tomorrow so if I need tire tools lmk ASAP so I can load them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks