• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2022 sources for m35a2 power steering

pr0l1f1c

The kits are out there, but for what they are, often requiring fabrication and fitting rather than being a true kit, is there a good source to get m35a3 air P/S or a hydraulic kit that isn't as much as the truck itself?

rustystud

The kits are out there, but for what they are, often requiring fabrication and fitting rather than being a true kit, is there a good source to get m35a3 air P/S or a hydraulic kit that isn't as much as the truck itself?
Simple answer, No.
Now if you have access to a junkyard, or a good friend at a parts store you might be able to get the parts cheaper. Either way your going to pay in money or time, or both.

rustystud

That's what I thought, are the air power steering options as bad as everyone says?
Air powered steering will never be as good as hydraulic power steering. There will always be that slight "lag" and "drag" on the steering wheel. Some of our older electric powered buses had air-powered steering. Same problems our Deuces have.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's what I thought, are the air power steering options as bad as everyone says?
AND the air powered steering uses an amazing amount of air. Tractors backing into a slot at a dock with an inexperienced driver will drain the air tanks amazingly fast. Then when the low air buzzer comes on, the driver gets concerned and blocks traffic waiting to build air.

Everybody has an opinion, but power steering just isn't a requirement.
Arm Strong steering has worked well for over a hundred years...

Even moving at low speeds it isn't all that difficult to turn the wheel to point the truck in the direction you want to go.

pr0l1f1c

I wondered if air supply was an issue, I don't think I need power steering either but I've been spoiled by the M813 5 ton easily getting around tight spots and being forgiving when I pack myself into urban parking lots lol, thanks all for the replies and info!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks