• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

220 TC 915 tractor 7500 tanker

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
liked the trailer. If your not careful full combination could bite you at a little more than 80,000. ask me I'll tell ya
At 80k+ on a military rig would not matter as DOT is not going to mess with them. Even a civi driving it makes it very unlikely that a DOT officer would look twice. Or even consider stopping it. And most arent going to drag those mobile scales out without a lot of ambition and you doing something obviously stupid.

I don't know what system georgia and Louisiana use but every time i go past their weigh in motion scales empty or loaded 50 to 70k i always get the bypass. Maybe their camera system is supposed to bypass a camo truck. I dunno or just lucky i guess.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

86m1028

At 80k+ on a military rig would not matter as DOT is not going to mess with them. Even a civi driving it makes it very unlikely that a DOT officer would look twice. Or even consider stopping it. And most arent going to drag those mobile scales out without a lot of ambition and you doing something obviously stupid.

I don't know what system georgia and Louisiana use but every time i go past their weigh in motion scales empty or loaded 50 to 70k i always get the bypass. Maybe their camera system is supposed to bypass a camo truck. I dunno or just lucky i guess.

Wow must be nice
Here in Texas I'm getting flashed to enter the scales in my personal truck & small (20ft) gooseneck trailer.
Never ticketed or had an issue, they look it over & send me on my way.
Just an inconvenience.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wow must be nice
Here in Texas I'm getting flashed to enter the scales in my personal truck & small (20ft) gooseneck trailer.
Never ticketed or had an issue, they look it over & send me on my way.
Just an inconvenience.
Well i am not volunteering to enter anyway especially in my 5 ton if im hauling something mv related. They would be hard pressed to come after a military truck with a military trailer towing military equipment. Or a waste of their time. I have a A cdl. I run a log book and have everything in case something does happen. But they have to prove the MV on the trailer isn't mine. Good luck finding a vin if i dont let them search it over.

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_2233.jpg

the over 80 grand stuff never worried me. the problem with this type 915 auto transmission rig was in the ny vt me nh mountains wid 7500 gallons of jp8 at 80 grand i was easy on the brake/gear shifting/jake combination. I have a few miles under my belt. over rev'd by a little bit a few times and the engine shuts down at the most needed moment. having to notch it back to neutral to start on the run takes some getting used to. this aint good. live and learn. i could imagine new bees over the years have bit the dust wid this auto combination. rumor was years back this tranny was not allowed to be used by john q public cause of this. note: our plt had a daily mission with around ten full 915's/7.5k and a Mass statee directed one of our rigs to swing over to be inspected and yes he did. our cb's lit up. some key folks in our unit followed up during the next few months and the state response was it won't happen again. maine and new hampshire never charged toll for our big convoys. massachusetts tripled the toll

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you know how to drive the CAT properly. You should be fine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks