• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 bolt tire / wheel - Rim - change out only

JetbikeAnt

Morning all. I want to switch out my one 24 bolt Rim. Only the Rim. The Tire is mounted on the old style 24 bolt rim and I want to switch it out to the newer style 24 bolt rim which I have, so I have all 4 that match. I do most of the work on my Truck myself, but have shied away from anything to do with the tires. I was told when switching the rims the Run Flat stays in the Tire and its an easy swap. I have fond nothing easy when it come to working on my beloved Truck. LOL. So, whats the real story? Very difficult or only slightly difficult? Thank you!

Glider

Im not sure if 24 is different from 12 but if they are the same you should not have any problems. You might need a oring if the one you have cannot be reused. The hard part is removing the runflat from tire but you aren't doing that.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several weeks back, I replaced my old MT's with 24 bolt paired rims, PVC inserts and new BFG's. Assembled them all myself without too much difficulty. It's definitely a workout but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again when/if needed.
- HoveringHMMWV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks