• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 bolt wheels?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw 4 truckloads of Hummers going down IH-10 toward New Orleans 2 weeks ago. All of them were upfitted with armour and all had 24 bolts on the wheels.

Is there a corrolation between armour upfit and 24 bolt wheels? I have not seen any 'regular' Hummers with 12 bolts.

shannondeese

The new FRAG-6 HMMWV's all have the 24 bolt wheel to hold the extra pressure put on the tires due to the weight of the vehicle. My company painted all the Frag-6 armor that stuff is heavy.

sandcobra164

Marine Corps Frag 5 Armor trucks all have the 24 bolt rims as well as the Geared Fan Drive. We get them in all the time. I haven't seen Frag 6 yet. I'm sure they're on the way.

radar 12

Sorry for the plug but I have 4 new 12 bolt wheels with the o-ring,valve stem and nuts in the original AMG boxes for sale in the classified section.