• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 V problems!

Irv

How many amps do you need? As I understand, you need to match the generator and regulator. I have a NOS spare 40A but that may not be what you need. Irv.

tm america

60 amp doesnt use a reg on the firewall it is in the gen. it needs a wiring mod that is availible as a kit to check saturn surplus .i think they had the wiring kit

Stan Leschert

V/R and generator have been completely rebuilt and will go back in tomorrow. Also a pair of new 6TLs. Unfortunately, we missed the 2010 Olympic Torch Relay. (with the truck). I do have a couple of shots of it going by when I was on foot, but the lack of truck makes them non-MV related, so unless you want to see them, I won't post them.

A combination of factors caused this failure. Weak V/R. Old and very well worn Generator. Weak battries and a poor ground. These factors , combined with a 12 V tap ( running a 12V bus heater), caused a feeble system to go into overload. The contact points in the V/R did some really cool arc welding. This caused us to go over the entire charging circuit with a microscope!

A 24 - 12 V invertor will be happening very soon. I have found 1 at a distance. If I can't find a reasonable local one, someone is gonna get a PM!

I posted this, so you could learn from my mistakes. Yes, I do make a few, but I try not to make the same one twice!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks