• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 Volt Control Voltage. I have it here but not over there!

Guyfang

Staff member
I’ll bite. What was the other reason?
I thought about putting my hands in the scanner and showing you all the scars on them. Lots were made, by cheap crap, Fits Alls, slipping off nuts and bolts, when I was removing them. Sadly, I no longer have a Fits All that I was using when it slipped off, and grounded the large 24 volt connection on a 60 KW starter, to ground. That Fits All now resides someplace in the weeds, outside an old unused HAWK site near Dörnwasserlos, Germany. One of my Soldiers knocked out his own front teeth, when he committed sin #4, by pulling on a Fits All, instead of pushing with an open hand. I hate Fits All's.

Guyfang

Staff member
In the Army, we had a saying. "Gerber the hell out of it". That refers to being too lazy to go get the right wrench, and pulling out a Gerber Tool and using it in place of the right sized wrench. It will goober up a nut or bolt worse then a Fits All.