• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 Volt Gauges

Riktord

Forgive my ignorance but I have been unable to find an answer through searching.

What gauges have you all used for EGT and Boost?

I have very little knowledge on 24 volt system and big trucks to begin with. I actually feel a bit ashamed considering the knowledge I possess on standard vehicles.

Thanks.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search for pyrometer. I like the ISSPRO combo gauge, but I haven't bought one yet. It's called the Turbocator.

Last edited:

Trango

Generally, the 24 volts is only used by the lights in these gauges. You may opt to swap the lights, or use a stepdown resistor to "convert" the 24v to 12v.

joshuaz223

if you don't want to do the calc for a resistor and your installing two gages with the same lamps wire the lamps in series(thru one then thru the other) this will give both 12 volts with no danger. if one burns out the other will just go out but not burn up. to validate this I'm a union journeyman electrician with over 25 years experience with electronics and electricity up to 145,000 volts. when you get close to that all your hair stands up.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
several gauges need power for the electronics of the gauge. just use a dropping resistor based on the current draw of the gauge. (ohms law formulas) i think these may be the more accurate gauges as they do not load the TC.

tom

tm america

i have a stewart warner boost gauge in mine but no egt gage yet.. i had to mod the gage to use the stock deuce dash lights to work.. I just installed it in the empty spot on the bottom left of the gauge cluster.Does anyone remember what size tap you need for the thermocouple ?

Riktord

gimpyrobb and riktord something about your avatars that seems similar to me, cant place it, just one of those things i guess. :)
I'm not sure about gimpy's but mine is a demotivational poster featuring Black Water. The funny thing us the guy had a striking resemblance for myself. So much so my mom asked me when I became a military contractor and why I didn't tell her.