• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 volt solargizers and 2 12 volt solar cells and regulators in series

trukhead

The question is: How will a 24 volt solargizer work across 2 12 volt batteries wired in series and 2 12 volt solar cells and regulators wired individually to the 2 batteries mentioned above?

Will the pulse that the solargizer creates wipe out the charge regulators?

Do I need diodes on the charging circuits to isolate the charge regulators form the pulse?

I have some marginal mil batteries and I thought I could keep them on a solar charger continuously to charge Li-po batteries and other hobby batteries through chargers that use 12 VDC and I would just take off the batteries.

I also would like to run and inverter and charge other rechargeable batteries that I have.

I would keep the whole mess in a glass case outside so if it catches fire no biggy!

:clinto:

Last edited:

sed6

I think you'd be better off with a PulsePower maintainer by PulseTech instead of the Solargizer. The maintainer is designed to work with your charging system (solar in your case). Pair it with a quality solar charger (most will have protective diode in them) and you'll be set. Also, depending on the type of charger you use to charge your other rechargeables with, you'll prolly need a converter not inverter. Inverters change AC to DC (or vise versa) whereas a converter would be used to change 24vdc to 12vdc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks