• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 volt starter soleniod

suggsdr

Hey guys where can i find a 24 volt soleniod for my stsrter.
the starter is good just the soleniod is bad napa can'tseem to find one forget the other stores they are no help. can,t get on ebay right now home lap top is down.

Thanks for any help
drsuggs

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old School, Local Yellow pages? Do you have a local JD dealer?

Delco 1114373 is the original solenoid number used, the others can be substituted.
Delco #1114260, 1114338, 1114373, 1114390, 1114560, 1114561, 1114574

Last edited:

ratstalker

Thanks Doghead, I just fried my solenoid tonight... Very impressive stench once I took the starter and it apart. Damn. now I gotta drive the wifes minivan.:evil:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ouch, a minivan!:oops:

ratstalker

nice... thats about it, I look just like any other soccer mom (oops, how un PC of me) except for the NRA sticker... The miata has the MVPA sticker.

ratstalker

Ok, Doghead,

Now that I have the part numbers, my one good truck source says: "Hmmmm, I gotta look around for that... I'll call you back..." Who/what is JD? So far, I've only found one legitimate looking source online. That is:

Starter Solenoids 12 volt & 24 volt Delco,Ford,Denso,Nikko, Mitsubishi,Starter Solenoids Switches

They even list the original part number. They say they usually have them, currently out, but getting some tomorrow, as it is a common item. Another part number is allegedly with aftermarket mfg first: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Accurate 7-920 & 10A-D920
[/FONT]

ratstalker

John Deere, Duh. I've got a couple Holt of california (i'm assuming named after Benjamin Holt) dealers around, And I know there is John Deere in Stockton.

Thanks for edumicating me. Lee

ratstalker

Ok, got the new solenoid put back in. It fires up nicely. However, the root cause of this mess was indeed a fried starter relay. So I'm hotwiring for the time being. I can't remember which posts mentioned the relay, I'll have to go back and search. I'm Just glad that only the solenoid and not the whole starter got trashed. The starter guts looked pretty decent. The solenoid contacts were extremely trashed. I'm surprized it worked as well as it did.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post up where you bought the new solenoid, part#, and how much?

I recommend you replace the under-dash relay with a bigger relay(like I have posted). Mine is working flawlessly.

ratstalker

I'm at work at the moment, so don't have stuff right in front of me, but I got the solenoid from Lehr Auto Electric in Sacramento. It is an aftermarket part from Romaine Electric:

Romaine Electric - Experts in Rotating Electrical Since 1921

They have a ton of stuff but I couldn't find a way to cross reference any part numbers. Probably have to call them.

Lehr Electric shipped it to me as I was too busy to drive to Sac. I used the original Delco Remy part number which off the top of my head is: 1114373.

Lehr Auto Electric & Emergency Equipment - Home - Sacramento, Rancho, Cordova, Folsom, Citrus Heights, Woodland

I believe the aftermarket part number Lehr uses is 7-920 or d-920.

This is the same part number that Texas Industrial Electric uses as well.

Starter Solenoids 12 volt & 24 volt Delco,Ford,Denso,Nikko, Mitsubishi,Starter Solenoids Switches

Note that all I got was the coil. Not the yoke, spring, gasket or solid metal cyilinder...can't think of what it is called... My old ones were reasonably serviceable.

southdave

Ok, Here is some back ground, I was reading through all the above, I purchased so starter a while ago off gl look brand new. I took the starter down to the rebuilder said the Solenoid was shot. look up delco remey online got a list of local dealer called them They have two types The standard 24 volt =35.00 the prem. =50.00 this is for 28mt type 171 it is for 6.5 diesel it bolts up to my M1009

southdave

Ok, Went to get the Solenoid today, The prem. solenoid is made brazil " heavier parts" I was told and was 44 bucks with Discount. Got home Started in to the sucker ,burnt Electrical parts really smell like butt. I can't get the plunger out of drive engagement lever. I downloaded the the whole box on the stater vague to say the least maybe this smell is making my comprehension dhwendal. has anyone got any Idea on how to remove this sucker please help