• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v and 12v interchangable engine parts and 6.2 ATS turbo details?

Huntingman2706217

i bought a civilian model blazer 6.2 diesel with the 700r4... but nobody knows nothin about these blazers in the civilian world so i came here... im gonna strip it and stick the motor/tranny (if i cant swap or find a TH400) in my cherokee rock crawler... im trying to figure out what engine parts like injectors, glow plugs, injector pump, sensors... yatta yatta... are 24v instead of the 12v... or are all of these 12v parts? trying to figure out what is interchangble basically as i got a hook up on military k5 parts and plan to rebuild the motor... so didnt know what was the same...

also the 6.2 ATS turbo kit... my trucks got it already on it... anybody got any details on this setup? i dont see it anymore anywhere so im thinking they dont make it anymore... anyone know boost numbers or anything like that? any info would be great i guess since i know nothin about this setup... lol... thanks!

Huntingman2706217

Also if anyone is looking for duece parts... k5 parts or a tractor trailer full of whatever you can imagine from the military there a place down the street full of stuff... giant tents as big as shops... k5 parts... drop tanks... 50 gallon drums... giant water tanks like 2 stories high... trailer generators... whatever... hes got a ton of stuff... near me in griffin GA...

Huntingman2706217

come get what you need man... if i got it... i only want the motor and tranny... think i guys coming to get the front bumper and grill for like $35... im not trying to make a killin off it now... i was gonna sell the 8 lug axles but opened them up and the gears are shot so that killed my profits back... lol... if it small and stupid its free... stuff like the transfer case may cost alittle though... lol... and id sell the tranny but only if i had a TH400 lined up...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CUCV Diesel is just a J-Code (non-emissions) engine that is also used in the '84 Chevy K30 trucks. Any parts house and get you the parts. There where some Military specific parts that where not used on civvy trucks...i.e.....CDR valve, alternator brackets, etc. The 24v starter is an industry standard 27MT 24v starter.

Have you tried www.coloradoK5.com ? They more geared towards rock crawling and you may find more specific info there.

Huntingman2706217

My buddy just told me about that one also... I saw it searching for a good forum but figured it was just a Colorado Site... ill check it outthough if they get more into offroading but I've pretty much found what I needed... probly be on some of the diesel sites more... Thanks abunch for the info!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks