• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v Battery chargers

87Nassaublue

I would say the only time a 24 volt charger is truly required is when you have 24 volt batteries. If you're using two 12 volt batteries, you can run two chargers, one on each battery.

87Nassaublue

Just be sure the two chargers negative outputs aren't tied to the chargers ground.

I made that mistake once aua
Good Catch ! It shouldn't matter if the charger grounding isn't connected to the generator ground. Each charger will only see the 12 volt load between the positive and negative battery charger gator clips. There is a possibility the charger manufacturer could have tied the negative cable to the chassis ground. If that's the case, it would be smart to remove the ground pin on the charger power cord and float the chassis'. Good Catch!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks