• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v light part #s

crazzyrman

What are the part #s for the marker & turn signal lights on the Humvee?
I have searched this forum & others, but I haven't found the bulb part #s for 24v bulbs. I went to batteries + bulbs & all they could come up with was 12v bulbs when I told him it was a mv with a 24v system.
I'm also looking for the 24v equivalent to an 12v 1157 trailer bulb.
I don't want to run 12v bulbs & have to keep replacing them constantly, I have tried that using lower voltage Christmas light & flash light bulbs in things "to get by" & they burn bright, but never have lasted more than 5-10 hours before burning out.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No smart-a intended, but:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=12v+to+24v+bulb+conversion+chart

Clicking on the first link found in the above search yields a link to a 12v to 24v miniature lamp equivalency chart. In that said chart 12v #1157 cross references to 24v #1662

The best is this PDF chart in this post: 6V/12V/24V conversion chart
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...mposite-Lights&p=456474&viewfull=1#post456474

The bulb numbers for the brake/tail/marker lights are (in no particular order) 1683, 1251, and 623.
Erik's gives some descriptions of "common applications" if you click the links on his page:
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/24vobuforve.html

Last edited:

crazzyrman

thank you, the above info was what I needed. I had found that chart at some point but I didn't know what bulbs the Humvee used & I wasn't looking for the 1157 conversion at that time. As for pulling out a bulb & checking the numbers, that wasn't working, I had one were the base was corroded & I couldn't read them, another were someone just put a 12v 1156 in, another just missing, so I didn't trust anything in the Humvee at that point. I went to a store that specializes in having odd bulbs that others don't (batteries + bulbs) & they only could cross reference to 12v bulbs even though I told him it was a 24v system (they didn't even have 24v bulbs in stock to compare visually) & they couldn't even cross reference what 24v bulb would fit an 1157 12v socket.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 100 bulb boxes of 1662's for $25 plus shipping if anyone is interested........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks