• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v power port

k20

Hey guys, out tinkering with my CUCV till I can find a fuel shutoff solenoid to see if itll ever live again. Anyway, the wiring that goes down to the 24v power port under the dash. I want to remove it, to get rid of some of the rat nest of wiring. I see there are 2....circuit boards in this wiring harness. If I remove it, is it going to screw something else up? In the engine bay between the vacuum pump and the tranny dipstick, there is a flat plug with 7 or 8 wires, can I just unplug this and pull the harness out and have everything else still function as normal?

Another thing, behind the dash, down where a brake controller would be located, under where the radio would be, there are 2 bosch relays, what are these for? They are mounted to a plate that is bolted to the bottom part of the dash?

acetomatoco

As it is explained in detail in your manuals with all the necessary schematics, those are the Gen2 Relay and the Voltmeter Relay... You need to get the 289 series of manuals because so many of the systems are interrelated... The STEICE connector is what I believe you are referring to as "the 24Volt Power Port".. is a diagnostic connector, the Military Version of the OBDII in your car....

k20

ah ok, I had read elsewhere that that was a 24v power outlet for military accessories, and it does look similar to the trailer plug on the back of the truck. The gen2 and the voltmeter relays are those the ones behind the dash or the 2 'circuit boards' on the STEICE wiring?