• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V Voltage Gauge resister size

BeastDriver

The resister on my 24volt gauge went bad. Does anyone know what the ohm's and watts should be?
(The resister is a thin white ceramic rectangle on the back of the gauge.)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a couple of searches. I found this post, by simply searching "resistor" in the CUCV forum. Took me about 30 minutes to read a bunch of possible threads(going by titles).

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/484073-post9.html

I hope the info is correct. There may be other threads that would confirm it's correct.

So, search does work, if you want to invest the time and titles and spelling do matter, so please consider that when you post.

In case you didnt notice the link on the top right of the linked post(to the complete thread), here is a link to the thread that was in.

Thread: I Need a Voltmeter Gauge for a CUCV M1009 1985

Last edited:

Brad M

I just bought an entire meter off of an auction site just to get the resistor to repair mine and my meter read 331 ohms on the damaged one and the replacement one. I was able to scrape back enough on my old one to read it with a meter.

OL AG '89

does the resistor have the standard color ring on it? I guess it is a cylindrycal resistor?
If so send the ring colors in sequence and I will dig out an old electronics book that will have the values based on location.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
does the resistor have the standard color ring on it? I guess it is a cylindrycal resistor?
If so send the ring colors in sequence and I will dig out an old electronics book that will have the values based on location.

posted by the OP

(The resister is a thin white ceramic rectangle on the back of the gauge.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks