• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

25 Micron oil filter

cucvrus

I found a filter in a box of CUCV parts I purchased. It has a logo and says 25 microns. It looks like it would fit an oil filter on the 6.2. Is 25 Microns to small for an oil filter? Asking. Don't know thought I would ask. I would like to use it. Don't want to waste it. It is in plastic sealed.

cucvrus

I thought it might be fine. Do you know what a standard A C Deco filter is rated in Microns. Quick. I will google it. It seems legit. I googled it again and still think you are also right. It should work. Terminus M1009 will be the experimental model. Last oil change lasted 20 miles. Short life span.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Before posting I searched "average oil filter micron rating". A quick scan of the results gave me an idea of 20micron, so your 25 micron should be fine.

The rating is nominal wich means it should catch 50ish % of particles at that size, more at larger chunks, less at smaller chunks.

Bypass oil filters are out there rated much lower, but also not full flow. you can only filter it so well, then your wasting time and effort.

I'm sure you got the same thing in your searches, I was posting the info for all that read the thread.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be more worried about the old paper media flaking and coming apart. Then plugging a oil passage and killing a engine. This has happened to me. Even If I take a NOS engine out of the can it gets new filters. Filters are cheeper then engines.

cucvrus

Well it did not fit the 6.2 anyway. So I just put it back in the box with the rest of the parts. I bought an A C Delco at Autozone and 2 gallons of Rotella T. Terminus is getting a transfusion tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks