• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

trukhead

Cool! WHat a relief to hear you've made it Home! That was a long drive! Ya, we'll keep in touch. I wanna see the muskeg. Your woman deserves a round of applause for Her patience! She's as KEEPER!!:driver:

rickf

If you have to pull that thermostat housing to fix the leak replace the stat while you are there. Cheap insurance, otherwise it will stick wide open on the coldest day of the winter.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope that the rest of the trip is uneventful. THANK YOU for sharing your adventure with us here on S.S. Don't think I would have done it, my butt isn't made of titanium anymore! LOL Glad you are almost home! Have a great Christmas and enjoy your new truck!~
God bless,
Tony
:grd:

Sumner

Well Sean stopped by the farm this evening. Got to check out the new rig. Man, what an impressive truck! Went for a cruise, the 8.3 is soooo smooth and the auto tranny works great. Biggest thing I noticed was how quiet the truck is. Being able to talk going down the road is sure nice, and the noisiest thing is the growl from the tires on the highway.

Got to pull wrenches on it for a bit. Sean had found a persistent coolant leak from the thermostat housing, so we tore into it. Nice simple engine to work on, fabbed up some new gaskets and got 'er back together, and installed a block heater while we had the coolant out. Another thing I sure like is the flip hood on these trucks, much easier to work on. Think I'm going to have to start looking for one of these now too!

We had to get the M105 trailer out of the back, but without a loading ramp here and with the sideboards stuck in the trailer it was too tall to lift it out with the loader. Luckily we have a lot of snow, so I was able to build a instant loading ramp and pull the trailer off. Worked pretty dang good!

We got it all finished up around midnight here, had a bite to eat and being only a couple hours from home Sean decided to carry on. Hope he has an uneventful remainder of the trip, and I imagine it's sure going to be nice to be home after all those miles! lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks