• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2A 016 Help

dmichels

I have a 2A 016 engine attached to an unknown military generator(see my other post). Best I can tell it is early 60's or late 50's. It is a2A 016-1 version. As most things I own it is the odd one that no one has parts or info for About 50 percent of the parts I get for it do not work. I had to make a carb gasket for it because it has a tillitson CM-4 carb Not a big deal I can make gaskets. The points and condensor set arived and I am keeping to the 50% rule the points work fine but the condensr is wrong. My condensor is on the top and the one that came in the kit is below with the pig tail. I physicly can not mount the condensor in there original location. I am capable of doing a rig, but I am trying to do it right with the correct parts. Any thoughts where I could get the correct condensor?

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I have a 2A 016 engine attached to an unknown military generator(see my other post). Best I can tell it is early 60's or late 50's. It is a2A 016-1 version. As most things I own it is the odd one that no one has parts or info for About 50 percent of the parts I get for it do not work. I had to make a carb gasket for it because it has a tillitson CM-4 carb Not a big deal I can make gaskets. The points and condensor set arived and I am keeping to the 50% rule the points work fine but the condensr is wrong. My condensor is on the top and the one that came in the kit is below with the pig tail. I physicly can not mount the condensor in there original location. I am capable of doing a rig, but I am trying to do it right with the correct parts. Any thoughts where I could get the correct condensor?
If the engine is a 2A016-1, its the same engine that is on a MEP-015A, 1.5 KW gen set. This TM is in the SS Power generation TM section.