• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2HN Battery AGM equivalent SNAFU

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I had this great idea to standardize on Deka AGM batteries in group 51, which is very close in size to the 2HN battery used in generators, Jeeps, M37's, M715's etc. Since Deka is a trusted supplier to the military, it was my plan to use this quality battery in everything I own including my daily driver. NAPA has this battery available at $197 which these days is a good price on any battery, much less an AGM. So they ordered one in for me, p/n 9851P. One huge problem. Apparently this battery has been "customized" to be used in the Prius, and the posts are half the normal size. Crap. Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm staying with the lead acid and usually use the big 8D that I get at oreilly, but the set of Excide 6tmf made in 2009 in my 929 all took over 90% (based on open circuit voltage). I put 2 back in the truck and it starts like they are new. I've tried this with Hawkers and they won't hold, but wow, the Excide does.

Since it's in the dump I'm selling, I'll give a credit for new ones, but I'm convinced these Excides will hold up at least 2 more years.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 9A51P is an advanced AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) battery that is manufactured with a "penicl post" style battery terminal that is typically found hybrid vehicles including the Toyota Prius.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks