• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2nd official Michigan MVPA meeting

citizensoldier

MIMVPA Meeting update! We have had to move the Feb 6 meeting! The Meeting will be moved to the American Legion Post 404, Harrison Michigan.

American Legion Post 404
1267 E Temple Dr, Harrison, MI 48625

The Meeting will be at 10 am Sunday Feb 6, 2011.

Please pass this along to any interested parties!

All MIMVPA members are invited, memberships are available!
Please let us know if you can make it!

Last edited:

196thprober

I'll take a water can Eric- it's been a dry year. There's something else you had under your tent I wanted to get but can't for the life of me remember what it was. Perhaps you can pm or e mail me with a few things you have available.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll take a water can Eric- it's been a dry year. There's something else you had under your tent I wanted to get but can't for the life of me remember what it was. Perhaps you can pm or e mail me with a few things you have available.
PM on the way

paradeduty

Conflicts

Gee guys, too bad it has to be on a Sunday morning. Would love to have been able to make it. I realize that it is impossible to make everybody happy (trust me, I have beatten myself up trying for family things) but just something to think about. There is probably more than a couple folks that attend Church on Sunday mornings. That and being as it is all of the way to the farthest "east shore" of the state which probably dictates a significant drive for some (about 1.5 hrs one way for me) kind of makes it impossible for me. I really don't mind getting to shows or events a bit late if need be, but a "club meeting" where usually the most important operations of the group are discussed first (which is what I try to understand before I get knee deep in anything) kind of spoils the idea for me. Just out of curiosity, I have no idea what the MMVPA's growth goals are or what the meeting space availability choices/limitations are, but is there a reason that the meetings are way over on the east side. Just a thought, but it might inadvertently limit your participation and growth (if desired) by not being centralized more (especially if you would like as many folks/members to bring their green iron the the meetings as possible, which is always fun, too). I think that the Detroit Arsenal of Democracy group pretty much have most of their stuff on the east side already (I may be wrong here, though). Staying smaller definitely has its benefits, but a larger group can sometimes make getting things accomplished (shows, outings, etc.) a lot less stressful for just a few. Again, I am not trying to "pitch a bi**h" (heck I'm not even part of your group!) or anything, just trying to help out with some "constructive criticism" on a topic that may have gotten overlooked. In my book, the more the merrier! Just some thoughts. Take Care, Dave.

citizensoldier

Thanks Dave.. I think you have the wrong Harrison.. It is the Harrison just north of Clare in the center of the state. Location was considered and that is about as centered as you can get. Heck I am coming all the way from the tip of the mitt. The Sunday church crowd was taken into account but one of our board members is a mail carrier and works most Saturdays. We only have 5 board members at this time so it was important that they be able to make our meeting.
Our first meeting was in January and we needed to schedule as many meeting as possible before spring we have allot of things brewing that can not wait. I hope you can make one of our meeting and if you would like to join PM me your address and a copy of the newsletter with registration will be mailed promptly. Thank you
Lane
http://www.mapquest.com/

Last edited:

paradeduty

Woooops!

DAM* I FEEL LIKE A DUFUS!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just googled Harrison - but of course there would be more than one, right!

Nope, I totally understand about the "officers" attendance - knew there had to be an underlying reason.

As I said, there would probably be some traveling a significant distance (you being one of them!).

Thank you for the kind invitation. I will get an e-mail address to you.

Do you have an idea what kind of events/locations of events the group has in mind?

Unfortunately, with work and all (no different than 98% of everyone out there!) I find the "great excursions" with the big iron extremely challenging right now.

Hence my search for a MV club goes on. The DAD seems to be on the east side and i'm not sure about the Great Lakes MVPA.

Anyways, sorry for rocking the boat - you guys obviously have things well under control.

Dave

citizensoldier

Your not rocking the boat at all.. I value input on such matters and you made some good points. As far as upcoming events for us I can not discuss them until after our Feb 6 meeting. I can tell you we have allot in the works for this year and we are doing the political dance for some cool stuff right now.
All I can say in regard to "groups" is if you want to be involved with a "group" of very active OD heads and start with a clean slate ours is the one for you.
We have members in Boyne City, Westbranch, Oscoda, Indian river, Coleman, Troy, Big Rapids,Lansing, Grand Rapids,Detroit, and many other places throughout the state. Future meetings will be in all 4 corners as our membership grows and good meeting places present themselves. We are a state-wide affiliate of the MVPA.
Regards
Lane Young:D:grd:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep City of Harrison, not Harrison Township (I forgot about that one!)
For me @ 80 miles away, it is the 2nd closest meeting location any of the groups have had.
Closest was Houghton Lake Heights @ 65 miles (& will be doing that run Saturday the 22nd [thumbzup]
farthest meeting for me was 220 miles to Battle Creek.

citizensoldier

Citizensoldier would you like an banner that I printed for the MIMVPA here is a sample PM me If you guys like.
That is very nice Cj.. If you want to bring a small note book size copy to the Feb 6th meeting we can discuss it with other members and the board. As for now we have to follow official channels before we have anything like this made. I do like it though!

Chuck, yes the other sign modification is something I wanted to chat with you about. I kind of like the trucks he put in the triangles don't you?
Lane

196thprober

CJtroutt,

Don't know if you remember us meeting briefly last September, but:

Thank you for your awesome work and contribution to our organization; your involvement is greatly appreciated. I know your image will be very valuable to utilize in certain instances, and i would like to have the image sent to me by e mail if you would be so kind.

Will you have a chance to come to the dinner this Saturday night or our meeting on February 6th? I hope so! Thanks Again!

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just trying to Help the club after the last september.
GLMVPA I did not want to stir up any thing
after sept I shure did not want join another group after that.
I talk to member he made me feal alot better with the members of MIMVPA.
He said these are the cool guys.
also that logo is in pdf so you can print it in letter format
it took me about 20 min to make it it still need tweeking.
This is my GIFT to MIMVPA and its members of MIMVPA.
you can call me just pm me and I pm back with with PHONE NUMBER.

196thprober

Chris,

Thanks for talking with me, I got the image printed out just as you suggested. Looking forward to seeing you at our February 6th meeting. Thanks again for your efforts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks