• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2ton Gantry Crane

M1031CMT

Picked up an auction win today. A nice 2ton gantry crane. Been looking for one for a while and after seeing clinto pick up a nice unit a while back and making me jealous, I finally got a hold of one for a great price.

Guy at the depot was pretty nice and told us to wait just inside the gate so that the truck/trailer wouldn't get a nail in the tire (they were cleaning out some equipment and they hadn't finished cleaning up the mess yet) and loaded it all up on the trailer. Which was a good thing, as it didn't look that big in the pictures, yet was a lot bigger in person.

Nice rig and in almost brand new condition. They put all the extra pieces into two box pallets then covered them in plastic so that they wouldn't get wet and rusty. The guy at the depot handed us the manuals for the crane as well before we left which was nice.

Is a powered rig. Both the trolly-hoist and gantry-crane itself. It has a motor that will move it around the yard or garage. Though the tag on the equipment says that there is a problem with the motor that moves around the crane. Not that it matters too much, as the yard here is gravel and I doubt it would be able to move around in that.

Opened up the tarp on the trolly-hoist and it looks brand new. Slight bit of rust on the rollers meaning that it was used slightly, but the cable is mint. The other box holds all the small parts, wheels, nuts/bolts, etc, and they are all new looking too.

We are in the process of putting up a new garage so the setup of the gantry-crane will have to wait till that is done but we are pretty happy.

Some pics of the gantry-crane, and what it looked it before it was taken apart.

Will be a nice addition to the shop. Is only too bad that it isn't green :wink:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks