• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 color camo

Barneyszoo

Can someone please help me with a PDF file of TM for the 3 color camo patern for an 813 or M35? And are the trucks painted the same scheme? I thought I saw one posted, or on Olive Drab but can't find it now. Got the green base color on my 813 and now i'm ready for the black and brown. Thanks

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just go to the resources section and look in the Tech Manuals. Download to your computer. It even gives you pictures.:-D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What search terms did you try?

Did you look thought the list of TMs more than once?

rlwm211

You want TB 43-0147
or
TB43-0209

OR

TM 43-0139

The first has the patterns and the rest are regarding markings unit ids and other aspects of proper military painting.

I downloaded all of these from the resources section of the site under Technical Manuals.

There are other manuals that cover painting Viet Nam era and before paint schemes and markings.

I would go and get you the links to the downloads, but I am pretty busy and it is good practice for you to stroll through the lists. They are in alpha numeric order and not hard to navigate.

RL

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep going through the pubs you will be able to do this fast. TB-43-0209. Took me alot longer to load the reply then to find.:-D

broman78

heads up I just contacted my Sherwin Williams industrial rep. I can get 383 green with out the carc additive for 28 bucks a gallon. Is the same paint that a lot of duck boats use for camo. Not sure what it goes for in your area, give your rep a call.

123mack

Do you have the stock number for the sherwin Williams 383. I tried the S-W industrial store here in Birmingham in the past, but they seemed lost, even when I gave them part numbers for green an brown CARC. I approached them using my company name incase they wouldn't sell to individuals.

rlwm211

The question I have is this: Is the paint oil based, or a latex? If it is a latex, is it simply exterior latex flat paint?

I ask because I have a formula for Valspar exterior high quality latex that is right on for the green in the three color nato green. $20 a gallon. Actually holds up well. I used it over Rustoleum risty metal primer (2 coats) I sprayed this with an HLVP gun.

RL

broman78

Do you have the stock number for the sherwin Williams 383. I tried the S-W industrial store here in Birmingham in the past, but they seemed lost, even when I gave them part numbers for green an brown CARC. I approached them using my company name incase they wouldn't sell to individuals.

I don't have the item number but feel free to give the gentleman a call. was prompt with call back.

Greg Adams
903-277-4129

Curtis25

The question I have is this: Is the paint oil based, or a latex? If it is a latex, is it simply exterior latex flat paint?

I ask because I have a formula for Valspar exterior high quality latex that is right on for the green in the three color nato green. $20 a gallon. Actually holds up well. I used it over Rustoleum risty metal primer (2 coats) I sprayed this with an HLVP gun.

RL
I'm all ears?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks