• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 color woodland

Varyag

I am trying to find the pattern for the 3 color woodland sceme for my deuce. It is in the process of being blasted, primered and painted right now.

I have the Gill 383 set for paint.

Just need someone to point me in the right direction.

dfret1987

TB 43-0209, listed in Resources on the upper tabs under Technical manuals, I think it is on the 3rd page. Download and print out the pages you need. I did this last night for my M1010 ambulance.

sandcobra164

The NATO tri color camo looks great on these trucks. Mine was repainted in 96' and it's fading but correct. If you look on the hood, you can see a rusty outline of a star. I mean, straight edges and all. I'm thinking of repainting the tri color camo but am now wondering if my truck came from the factory in semi gloss OD Green with white stars applied? Any suggestions on which way to paint the truck?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your Deuce undoubtedly came from the factory in OD semi-gloss. However, they look great in both OD and NATO camo.

Varyag

I pulled the reflectors off last weekend when I was preping the truck (along with a few hundred pounds of other stuff) and know for a fact my 70 a2 came in semi gloss OD. :D

Oh! I was at work and I sent my buddy the cucv one and told him to fix his blazer. He took the manual, cut the diagrams out of it in adobe and made a whole bunch of paint by the numbers templates in paint.net. We then proceeded to waste about 2 hours of work time with them.

wsucougarx

One thing to consider is matching the pattern up to the cargo cover you plan on using. Not sure what the deal is out there, but the two 3 color camo truck I have purchased have had a completely different pattern than the cover. I mean it wasn't even close. Both trucks were Tooele Depot rebuilds too. That is, if it matter to you..just my 2 cents worth

Varyag

For the cover, when I manage to save up the money, I can just adjust the paint to match. The templates I saw only had one choice for the m35 and I think it matches. I think I will be alright either way.

I just need to get the old girl ready for when the weather gets better. A year or two ago when I was trying to get some green iron, my boss said that if I got something that we would close the office and take us all to ice cream at Ferdnan's. He didn't think i would do it.

I am going to hold him to it now :grin:

wsucougarx

I miss Ferdinand's!!! and that sharp Cougar Gold Cheese. Come to think of it, I miss Basilio's, Sella's, and that cheap ole Pipeline Pizza. Must have had pizza at least once a week at Pipeline