• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 Deuces Home at Last

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice trucks. My guess is 13' 6.75", and you held your breath when you came to an overpass.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not going to try to estimate the height but notice the stacks removed from the deuces.

coolnick73

Yep thats him. And measurement is noted. I had heard that curt has a buddy that has a deuce. Kinda looks like its a small world.
That's funny. He was over to our mutual friend's (who is building a house) yesterday around lunch time and I was over there in the late afternoon so I just missed them. We got to chatting later and he mentioned that Curt went with a buddy to help his uncle get three deuces from IA. I thought the same thing, its a small world.

Chevytruck

Wow that Volvo looks almost the same one i trained on! Does it have the Cummings? (sorry for the thread hijack!)

how hard was it to load the deuces on the trailer of that height? you use a loading dock?

and Nice trucks :beer:

dozer1

Wow that Volvo looks almost the same one i trained on! Does it have the Cummings? (sorry for the thread hijack!)

how hard was it to load the deuces on the trailer of that height? you use a loading dock?

and Nice trucks :beer:
The Volvo is a 1995 WIA64TES with a VED12 425HP engine and Volvo 14 speed syncro trans. The trans was not liked by most american truckers because single clutching is required every shift and was dropped after just a few years. Still used in Europe in some variation. I personally think it is a creampuff of a transmission to run, like a modern pickup with a stick.
In the one pic I was backed up to the flatbed dock. They have a dropdeck dock right beside it at Camp Dodge. The flatbed dock height was perfect.
A hint for all load height guessers. You are all very close and I would only measure it to the nearest inch so it 13'__"