• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 of my M35A3's

Silverback

Hope this will turn out as it is my first time trying to post pics. I had already recovered 2 M35A3's, one from Warner-Robins, the other from Eastover, the others were listed as will not start, I also didn't have the time to recover the other 3 as my EUC's were approved right before Knob Creek. All 3 of these need batteries, one has either a leaking heater core or bad hose, I really like the hard shelter. Dan.

Attachments

Silverback

Thanks bratpackdad, now just trying to find the time to get them all serviced, replace hoses, batteries, seat covers and such, as well as several tires. I've been thinking about trying a set of 395's if the rears don't have issues being too close and touching at highway speed after warming up. I will try to post pics of the other two in the next week or so. Dan.

Silverback

flyxpl, I hope it's something similar on mine, although getting to the heater core on one of these is much easier than a civilian vehicle, still would rather replace a hose than the core. One thing I have found out is that low mileage isn't always an indication that a truck will be in good shape as the one with the lowest miles (966 when recovered) has the most issues, it actually has more issues than all of the others combined, though they are all minor. At least I will have something to keep me occupied in between gun shows! Here is a picture of the 2nd truck we recovered out of Eastover. I have the bows in the bed, cargo covers are on the way from Ft. Riley, I will post an after pic next week with new paint and cargo cover and hopefully new soft top. Dan.

Attachments

Silverback

Not st the moment unless you ask my wife, then all of them are! BTW I'm NOT giving her number or email info to anyone, that way no one can ask her. Check the classifieds, I saw a listing for a couple on there, wo/w and w/w. HTH, Dan.

flyxpl

In my watching the auctions I have been looking for the newest and lowest mile A3 I can find . I have noticed some of them are pretty rough . Mine is a 96 with 13,000 miles only issue was leaky heater hose and air to steering was turned off . I did have to remove the heater core just to get the hose broke loose . The hose was stuck to the nipple and no room to cut it loose with the core still in the truck . During the process I opened the glove box for the first time and found a document for orders for a driver , my truck and his weapon to go pick up troops . He was leaving a base in Kuwait March 8 2004 .