• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 phase question

64herald

I have a mep003a...If I pull a load to feed my house on single phase 240 volt, can I switch to 3 phase and still pull single phase on L1/ L3 for my house and use L2 to feed my neighbors house with 120 volt

Isaac-1

Sure it is no problem, but not exact as you describe, set to 120/208 3 phase, assuming you don't have any 240V only (many 240V appliances will be happy to run on 208V, just check the data plate to see if it says 208-230, or 230V only) loads, run 2 lines and a neutral to your house, this will give you 2 line to neutral connections of 120V, and a 208V line to line connection, then run the remaining line to neutral to your neighbors for them to use.

Last edited:

Keith_J

Sure. The 12 kW Lima MAC PTO generator in my M1031 SECM is wired 208 V 3-phase yet has 3 duplex NEMA 5-15s for 120, a single NEMA 6-15 at 208 volt (still single phase) and a honking NEMA 15-50 for the welder, a 3-phase 4 wire affair.

The issue is phase balance, the MAC generator has a magnetic amplifier control with no electronic components for voltage regulation. It all works by magnetic amplification. Pure magic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks