• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 Point Hitch hung on the back of the deuce: any photos or experience?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not having any luck with the search terms "3 point hitch" so I'd thought I'd ask y'all.

Has anyone hung a 3 point hitch on the rear of their deuce or do you have photos of the same to share?

I realize that front mounted 3 point hitches have been done..... that's not what I'm hoping to discover!

The bed overhang is formidable, so I acknowledge that this modification may not have been done. But just in case..... what do you have to share?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What would be the point behind this? Going to plow the back forty with the deuce? I know years ago the Jeeps could be converted to pull farm implements. The biggest issue, in my mind, is than you could not see the implement you are pulling. If you just wanted to disc some land and weren't too concerned about how deep the discs sank into the ground a deuce might fit the bill but you would have to make wide sweeping turns unless you could raise the discs up.
Now if you had a deuce tractor (Which I do) then putting some hydraulics and a 3 point hitch on the rear might be the way to go. Add some weight to the 5th wheel and go. You're still going to have an issue with turning radius unless you came up with a way to lock each side of the rear brakes independently like you can do on a farm tractor.
Now you got me thinking.....and that's not always a good idea.:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks