• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3000LMT Water Purification Unit

bevanet

I just bought 3 of these 3000LMT Water Purification Units. From the little information on GL's website, they have a 5.8 horse diesel engine, a DE filter, and clorinator. They can purify 3000 gallons an hour.

I wanted to use one to clean water from my pond so that I can used it to wash equipment etc with a pressure washer. I was also wondering if it would be clean enough for showers etc. Does anyone know more about these like how clean the water is, or if there is a manual somewhere? Has anyone used one before?

I really only wanted one but didn't want to fall into the trap of everyone bidding on the last one available. I ended up with three. I might be interested in selling one or two.

Attachments

bevanet

I looked at the classified section many times to figure out how to post and ad, but finally found out you now need 100 posts before you can post an ad. I'm about halfway there :).

bevanet

I got one of the pumps running pretty easily. I need to fiddle with the other two some more. These are the first every 1 cylinder diesels that I have messed with. The engines are Farymann from germany. I found a place that sells parts, and a users manual for the whole lmt3000 unit.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would find it hard to believe that the military would buy "water purification units" that weren't capable of making water pure enough to drink. I'm sure if the units are in good working order, that the water coming out of them should be 100% good for your use.

bevanet

Where did you find the user manual for the LMT3000? Is it a user manual or TM? Thanks for the help in advance
:beer:
I don't remember where I found it, but I have a copy on my computer. If you PM your email address I can sent it to you. It is a user's manual. I still have a couple of these that I would like to sell!

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't remember where I found it, but I have a copy on my computer. If you PM your email address I can sent it to you. It is a user's manual. I still have a couple of these that I would like to sell!
I know this is an old post.. but I also need the manual.. still around??

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The company goodman ball is out of business and the company that bought their generators didn't take the purification unit..

If anyone has a hard copy, I've got access to high-speed single pass duplex scanners (I own Radionerds.com) and will scan and return it...

In the meantime I found these.. which isn't much.. (these are of the civilian version)

Attachments

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the way back machine to get much of this info and also emailed the existing sales@goodmanball.com email address and got a response from the company that got the generator tech. They said they had no information to offer.

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the NSN of the entire unit?
NSN 4610-01-366-4640

Here is a picture of the manual from an old ebay listing.. incidently I tried to contact the owner of the ebay ad to see if they would make a copy and they stated they no longer had the unit..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks