• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3116 oil sending unit ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone in here replaced their oil pressure sending unit on the 3116 and which one or both sending units or can they be washed out with brake clean ? And where is the best place to buy them ? or any special thing to know my guage on the dash has always been sporadic acting and my monthly ride around town today reminded me to go ahead and sort this out !

coachgeo

Has anyone in here replaced their oil pressure sending unit on the 3116 and which one or both sending units or can they be washed out with brake clean ? And where is the best place to buy them ? or any special thing to know my guage on the dash has always been sporadic acting and my monthly ride around town today reminded me to go ahead and sort this out !
CAT 3126 & 3116 Oil pressure senderFind it Parts506AZKysor / MedallionA2547-1

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CAT 3126 & 3116 Oil pressure senderFind it Parts506AZKysor / MedallionA2547-1
Yea ive had the spread sheet info i was just hoping someone had actually dug into is it the sending unit or wiring or maybe the gauge itself and has anyone tried using another brand/type sending unit cause at the end of the day its just a sending unit and they dont fetch 160 bucks there has to be another that does the same job just as good if not better being sold for 30 bucks every day !

coachgeo

Yea ive had the spread sheet info i was just hoping someone had actually dug into is it the sending unit or wiring or maybe the gauge itself and has anyone tried using another brand/type sending unit cause at the end of the day its just a sending unit and they dont fetch 160 bucks there has to be another that does the same job just as good if not better being sold for 30 bucks every day !
for future reference the intent of the spread sheet is actually what you sorta hit on.... items that civilians have actually used to replace OEM military. Most in the sheet now is taken directly from post in here about an item a member has used with some success. Tries as well to be "over the counter" items too when can

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
for future reference the intent of the spread sheet is actually what you sorta hit on.... items that civilians have actually used to replace OEM military. Most in the sheet now is taken directly from post in here about an item a member has used with some success. Tries as well to be "over the counter" items too when can
Well 506az is 160 bucks so were not having much success with civi replacements lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks