• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3126 CAT ECU MODS

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you think the difference with or wo the sensor, at 7300ft, will be observable in a straight line acceleration test? I can't really do a flat road test bc there are no flat roads here but I have one 1/2mile spot where I could do a timed accel to say 50mph, but it's 6500ft.
According to CAT it de-rates at high enough altitude. I am speculating here that it controls smoke at higher altitudes, but I don’t have access to CATs programming to know for sure. They designed the engine, called for that component on the higher HP tunes, and throw a code when it isn’t there. The prudent thing to do in my opinion is install it.

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to CAT it de-rates at high enough altitude. I am speculating here that it controls smoke at higher altitudes, but I don’t have access to CATs programming to know for sure. They designed the engine, called for that component on the higher HP tunes, and throw a code when it isn’t there. The prudent thing to do in my opinion is install it.
I have it in hand so easily done. I'm always "at altitude" by any measure. GJ town is ~4900' and my house is 7350. So basically driving between those 2 with an occasional >10k.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks