• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3126 w/ABS vs 3116

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's always "unstable" - has been for decades. Stability doesn't have enough divisive issues associated with it for proper "control". Keeping people divided over "divisive issues" is HOW they maintain control. Isn't is curious that almost every issue, every measure, every party, every vote is ALMOST EXACTLY SPLIT 50/50? Why do you suppose that is? It's so the one's with the power (mostly money) can place their pinky on the scales and with very little effort (usually a few tens of millions of dollars of "advertising") can tip the scales in whichever direction is most advantageous to their ends. Without division control would not be possible and stability is never truly possible where you have a population split down the middle at each others throats all the time.

It's all smoke and mirrors and misdirection. But they won't collapse the economy by raising diesel prices that high - they need the buying power of the masses and that's not how you get it. They will drill, they will refine, because it must be done to keep the status quo and keep the division they require to maintain control.
So sad but so TRUE...
And none of them are worth the powder it would take to solve the problem.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is absolutely false. The value of RV's in general will NOT continue to appreciate like this. The market CURRENTLY dove off a cliff and values are dropping like a rock. The market will be flooded with RVs and Off-Road vehicles will be available by the 1000's. 3rd QTR 23 prices for diesel are predicted to exceed the highest prices we have seen to around $8.00 a gallon or more. People will dump these vehicles in droves. There will be some really good buys. Watch feb-mar 2023. Economic blood bath. People will be selling their RV's, ATVs, etc just to keep the lights on and food on the table. Want a MB G Wagon? The inventory of these is exploding right now. Where do I get my data ? I pay for it.
This is not worth worrying about either way ! If diesel prices spiked like what your saying all this green junk will be the last thing any of us will be worried about ! The nation will stop just like when covid hit except there wont be anything for your grocery to deliver to ya or amazon ! It will finish off the last of the independent truckers and mom and pop trucking companies so that only the big freight co.s will charge so much you wont be able to afford it ! The part your not seeing is no way on the planet dems will let fuel prices spike when theyre trying there best to stay in the whitehouse ! Awfully funny how prices droped going into the nov election they were just off a little on their timing ! Go get ya some medical pot and chill for a minute its all gona be just fine !!!!!

Reworked LMTV

It's always "unstable" - has been for decades. Stability doesn't have enough divisive issues associated with it for proper "control". Keeping people divided over "divisive issues" is HOW they maintain control. Isn't is curious that almost every issue, every measure, every party, every vote is ALMOST EXACTLY SPLIT 50/50? Why do you suppose that is? It's so the one's with the power (mostly money) can place their pinky on the scales and with very little effort (usually a few tens of millions of dollars of "advertising") can tip the scales in whichever direction is most advantageous to their ends. Without division control would not be possible and stability is never truly possible where you have a population split down the middle at each others throats all the time.

It's all smoke and mirrors and misdirection. But they won't collapse the economy by raising diesel prices that high - they need the buying power of the masses and that's not how you get it. They will drill, they will refine, because it must be done to keep the status quo and keep the division they require to maintain control.
Good luck to you.

Reworked LMTV

This is not worth worrying about either way ! If diesel prices spiked like what your saying all this green junk will be the last thing any of us will be worried about ! The nation will stop just like when covid hit except there wont be anything for your grocery to deliver to ya or amazon ! It will finish off the last of the independent truckers and mom and pop trucking companies so that only the big freight co.s will charge so much you wont be able to afford it ! The part your not seeing is no way on the planet dems will let fuel prices spike when theyre trying there best to stay in the whitehouse ! Awfully funny how prices droped going into the nov election they were just off a little on their timing ! Go get ya some medical pot and chill for a minute its all gona be just fine !!!!!
Good luck to you as well.

Reworked LMTV

I will go with my experts and you go with....yeah you go with whatever you want.

Last edited:

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will go with my experts and you go with....yeah you go with whatever you want.
Wise decision to remove your ad hominem. My education level isn't the topic of discussion - I'm educated enough to know that!

You haven't brought any "expert" testimony to this discussion. You have made only unsubstantiated claims and generalizations. I posted an article refuting your claims. Please post your sources. I'm willing to read them and then look into their motives for making such claims and judge them without bias.

I'm certainly not here to attack you or your level of "education". This is a discussion forum and I'm willing to discuss. I will continue to provide sources. If you don't wish to do similar then you'll be judged by the readers of this forum who I also do not assume the education level of but I know many of them are very highly educated and well spoken.

Last edited:

Reworked LMTV

Wise decision to remove your ad hominem. My education level isn't the topic of discussion - I'm educated enough to know that!

You haven't brought any "expert" testimony to this discussion. You have made only unsubstantiated claims and generalizations. I posted an article refuting your claims. Please post your sources. I'm willing to read them and then look into their motives for making such claims and judge them without bias.

I'm certainly not here to attack your or your level of "education". This is a discussion forum and I'm willing to discuss. I will continue to provide sources. If you don't wish to do similar then you'll be judged by the readers of this forum who I also do not assume the education level of but I know many of them are very highly educated and well spoken.
"I'm willing to discuss" rofl
More like ram your opinion down our throats.

Lots of of great people on here. Nice helpful and they don't typically attack other people's ideas. You could learn from them.

I pay for my geopetroleum information, like I said . Very expensive. It is not public. They are not perfect, but are typically spot on. My issue with the article you presented lacks insight into the geopolitical arena. All those projections are meaningless in a truly unstable world. Making simplistic assumptions like "always unstable" tells me a lot. This is misleading to members about how rough it may get. 1/3 of US people are near maxed out on their credit cards just paying for the essentials. Look it up.

The Whitehouse is investing in dark pools in Green Energy. If they give in and drill, they will not get their $$$. There are serious fractures in the financial sector. This is huge. RV's and off-road vehicles will be dumped in droves. Does this not make sense?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Whitehouse is investing in dark pools in Green Energy. If they give in and drill, they will not get their $$$. There are serious fractures in the financial sector. This is huge. RV's and off-road vehicles will be dumped in droves. Does this not make sense?
Again with the claims and no references. Supply and demand doesn't just stop working and economies don't just implode like your predictions would suggest. Until technologies come online and are adopted to replace the entire transportation sector (planes, trains, trucks, etc) with alternatives there will continue to be enormous demand for fossil fuels and as in the article I linked there are more production capacity coming online as supply/demand reach equilibrium again after the recent sharp rise in prices due primarily to the restrictions on Russian exports. That's just the new normal when you cut off 10% of the worlds production capacity almost overnight. I would think this pretty obvious. And literally ALL of the reports you can find by googling "diesel price predictions 2023" are showing the prices revising downward from previous estimates.

Reworked LMTV

Again with the claims and no references. Supply and demand doesn't just stop working and economies don't just implode like your predictions would suggest. Until technologies come online and are adopted to replace the entire transportation sector (planes, trains, trucks, etc) with alternatives there will continue to be enormous demand for fossil fuels and as in the article I linked there are more production capacity coming online as supply/demand reach equilibrium again after the recent sharp rise in prices due primarily to the restrictions on Russian exports. That's just the new normal when you cut off 10% of the worlds production capacity almost overnight. I would think this pretty obvious. And literally ALL of the reports you can find by googling "diesel price predictions 2023" are showing the prices revising downward from previous estimates.

You seem to hang on claims with no references. Lets briefly return to MTBF and application. If there was no difference in wear and tear based on HP and TQ rating, and application, then all CAT c7 would rate at 370hp, but they don't. Go to the source. Why don't you call CAT and ask why? Then ask them why this happens according to physics :deadhorse:

Interesting. You will concede to someone else properly stating you will be placing stresses on the Allison transmission without flinching. Yet, the concept of a C7 operating at its peak couldn't possibly decrease engine life because CAT might warranty it.

Regarding oil supply and Googling. I sincerely hope my information is wrong about oil. A lot of people will suffer.

I have made my points. You have made yours. No need for further interaction on this.

Last edited:

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You seem to hang on claims with no references. Lets briefly return to MTBF and application. If there was no difference in wear and tear based on HP and TQ rating, and application, then all CAT c7 would rate at 370hp, but they don't. Go to the source. Why don't you call CAT and ask why? Then ask them why this happens according to physics :deadhorse:

Interesting. You will concede to someone else properly stating you will be placing stresses on the Allison transmission without flinching. Yet, the concept of a C7 operating at its peak couldn't possibly decrease engine life because CAT might warranty it.

Regarding oil supply and Googling. I sincerely hope my information is wrong about oil. A lot of people will suffer.

I have made my points. You have made yours. No need for further interaction on this.
Changing the subject I see.

I have zero concerns about the C7 rerate at the *tiny* HP number of 370. I've seen plenty of lesser engines making significantly more power. I've got a 5.9 Cummins Dodge at my shop right now that was making 1100 HP and did so for 40k miles before it dropped a valve. The owner is going to dial that back to about 750 HP going forward just for the sake of reliability. Honestly other than some piston damage and the dropped valve it's in perfectly serviceable condition.

370 HP is ridiculously low for a 7.2 liter heavy diesel engine. Claiming this is going to hurt it - with excellent maintenance and service - is laughable. I'm sure it would make you nervous and that's fine. Some of us are more adventurous and risk tolerant. If I blow the engine to tiny bits I'm sure I'll learn all about how to replace it and that will just add to my knowledge and experience.

Reworked LMTV

Changing the subject I see.

I have zero concerns about the C7 rerate at the *tiny* HP number of 370. I've seen plenty of lesser engines making significantly more power. I've got a 5.9 Cummins Dodge at my shop right now that was making 1100 HP and did so for 40k miles before it dropped a valve. The owner is going to dial that back to about 750 HP going forward just for the sake of reliability. Honestly other than some piston damage and the dropped valve it's in perfectly serviceable condition.

370 HP is ridiculously low for a 7.2 liter heavy diesel engine. Claiming this is going to hurt it - with excellent maintenance and service - is laughable. I'm sure it would make you nervous and that's fine. Some of us are more adventurous and risk tolerant. If I blow the engine to tiny bits I'm sure I'll learn all about how to replace it and that will just add to my knowledge and experience.
Sorry to say, no 370hp truck has the weight capacity high enough to carry your EGO rofl

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is absolutely false. The value of RV's in general will NOT continue to appreciate like this. The market CURRENTLY dove off a cliff and values are dropping like a rock. The market will be flooded with RVs and Off-Road vehicles will be available by the 1000's. 3rd QTR 23 prices for diesel are predicted to exceed the highest prices we have seen to around $8.00 a gallon or more. People will dump these vehicles in droves. There will be some really good buys. Watch feb-mar 2023. Economic blood bath. People will be selling their RV's, ATVs, etc just to keep the lights on and food on the table. Want a MB G Wagon? The inventory of these is exploding right now. Where do I get my data ? I pay for it.
Curious if you’d like to revisit this post, you made some pretty specific predictions.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But you live in OREGON, where riots can run free. Give it a day or two.... rofl
That was a Portland problem - really just downtown Portland at that which is a comparatively small area of perhaps a 20 block radius.....and quite entertaining actually. In the same way you can't look away from a Train Wreck. The crazies have taken over the city much like they have many other large cities. It's definitely a symptom of the instability. But that's exactly what the corporate masters want and it's all going according to plan. Keep people divided. They are harmless if they are fighting amongst themselves - just so long as the Amazon and Temu orders keep rolling in.

Regardless I don't recall it having any effect on fuel prices since it was largely a protest about political and policing issues so I'm not seeing the connection. It's just a symptom of the division of Americans. Neighbor against neighbor to keep us from considering Americans against corporate greed.

Reworked LMTV

That was a Portland problem - really just downtown Portland at that which is a comparatively small area of perhaps a 20 block radius.....and quite entertaining actually. In the same way you can't look away from a Train Wreck. The crazies have taken over the city much like they have many other large cities. It's definitely a symptom of the instability. But that's exactly what the corporate masters want and it's all going according to plan. Keep people divided. They are harmless if they are fighting amongst themselves - just so long as the Amazon and Temu orders keep rolling in.

Regardless I don't recall it having any effect on fuel prices since it was largely a protest about political and policing issues so I'm not seeing the connection. It's just a symptom of the division of Americans. Neighbor against neighbor to keep us from considering Americans against corporate greed.
Yes, you are right. We live in unstable times. The Corp Masters are in lock sync with the G /lobal E /lites.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks