• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

335 HP Cummins for your 5T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irv

I have a 335 hp turbo Cummins 855 with the piston coolers, which means it could be hot rodded to 400 hp with different injectors, setting the pump up higher, and an intercooler. Will drop right in to your 5 ton. Same motor mounts. A little taller, so the cross member on the hood will need to be cut, but that's ok, since it will now rest on a rubber pad on top of the engine. Comes with the military oil sump pan that is needed to clear the front axle., offset bell housing, etc. Engine made in 1973, rebuilt 1400 hours ago. Make that 5T snarl! :) $1500 and you ship. I can load it on your truck.

Note: The standard military 250 Cummins cannot be hot rodded much, if any. That is because they went cheap on the castings and did not include holes for piston coolers, and they cannot be added later. This 335 has coolers.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sounds like an interesting swap for someone. You are required to list your location on this forum. Especially with something this heavy people are going to be much more interested if you happen to be local as shipping sucks.

No.2Diesel

Thats a very good price.

Almost any takout with 4-500,000 miles will set you back atleast $3K.

If anyone has serious power questions about 855's, I suggest you contact Pittsburgh Power (formerly Pitts. Diesel Injection Service) They are the experts. We stopped there on the way home from Columbus GL with the NTC400 in the bed and picked up some parts as well as have many questions answered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. to anyone interested: All parts have been acquired for the 400 but alas, too many non MV related projects extend its hibernation in the barn. Our goal of finishing the 819 mechanically and cosmetically by Independence day is fading..........Must...finish...current...project...before....starting...next one... :drool:

M1075

Please keep us posted on the progress. The M819 is a dog with the 250, but the 400 should improve things a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks