• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

35" tire ?

AJMBLAZER

When I had the 34-34.5" 36" HMMWV bias plies Big Ugly could do about 70 but it was screaming. Even 60-65 was rather high rpms and loud. Then I put my 38" 11.00R16's on and now it's a much happier vehicle at 65mph or so. I don't like 70mph without OD but I would happily cruise at 60mph all day and 65mph for short periods of time.

dstang97

I wish I could find 37 x12.5 inch tire with a 16" rim. is that so hard to ask for. The only ones that size are swampers. trxus and I heard they are too soft for the road. they just dont make that many sizes for the 15 and 16" rims anymore. I might have to go to a 17" rim

AJMBLAZER

I ran the TrXus MT's on a Ranger I had and they were doing great at 15k, easily 2/3 tread life left.

Any tire that big is going to be an offroad tire, you'll just have to get used to it. I was going to run the 36x12.5R16 TSL Radials on Big Ugly before I found the XL's. They're famous for being a 36x11ishR16 and not 12.5" wide. I didn't want the wider tire.

hovenga67

65 is decent in mine I have 315 75 16 cooper st on mine. I can go to 75 but is really screaming. Next project now that I got my turbo is an overdrive.
Brent

AJMBLAZER

How so? 35's would lower the rpms you were spinning at and these engines will spin along at their governor all day long really. They're not like a big heavy Cummins or CAT diesel that only goes to 1800rpm.

My 36's were actually about 34" and change tall but I drove that truck 3 hours doing 65-70mph with them. About deafened me and used a lot of oil (mains) but did it just fine.

dstang97

How so? 35's would lower the rpms you were spinning at and these engines will spin along at their governor all day long really. They're not like a big heavy Cummins or CAT diesel that only goes to 1800rpm.

My 36's were actually about 34" and change tall but I drove that truck 3 hours doing 65-70mph with them. About deafened me and used a lot of oil (mains) but did it just fine.
no 75mph with 315's. Maybe its just me but It scares me at 60mph with stock tires.

AJMBLAZER

no 75mph with 315's. Maybe its just me but It scares me at 60mph with stock tires.
Okay, you're loosing me...just afraid to go that fast on tires 35" tall or afraid of the rpm? As I said, the rpm wouldn't be any worse than driving the stock truck on stock tires at 60mph or so.

dstang97

rpm wise. I have no insulation and half the firewall insulation is gone.so maybe thats why. Just seems like at 55 its screaming with stock tires and. I understand it will lower you rpms a little but that seems alot 35" @75 mph. Tomorrow Ill rob the 35's of my other truck and see how it goes. if I dont like ill go 37's. I wish I could find some 37" military mtrs not the OZ's.

Last edited:

hovenga67

About 11 for me. but I have a lead foot. on a side note with the tires I have now my speedo is dead on. I don't know how but it is. It should be off because of the taller tires. I used my tom tom and when I had to get towed by my buddies Dodge when I had fuel issues.
Brent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks