• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

350 swap with 4speed bulldog

Tawman22

Hey guys I have a 1984 m1008 I'm wanting to swap the old 6.2 out with a 350 and a bulldog 4 speed. I know I'll get ragged about taking the 6.2 out but I'm just not a fan of it I've had it two years and it's just got to go so I want to swap it I have everything to do it with all I need to know is can I take the gasser wiring harness and hook it up to the main plug on the firewall or what I dont want to dissect the diesel harness if I dont have too I've read a lot about doing this and all I want to know is about the wiring harness

cucvrus

Not even sure where to send you. Have Fun with that. Good Luck. You are taking a valuable vehicle and basically making it worthless. Snip , Snip, And Zip tie. All Good.

nyoffroad

I did something like what your wanting years ago, IIRC it was easier to change the in cab harness than to try to mate them together. I ended up with power windows and lock too as a bonus. The taillight harness I believe plugged into the civvie on no problem.
What the heck is a "bull dog" tranny? Do you mean a 4speed with granny gear?

TShively

The TM’s on this site have very good wiring schematics. Just installed a LS in a M1028, deleted a tremendous amount of wiring, was pretty straightforward with the schematics.