• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

37" hummer tire balancing

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dyna Beads arrived today. Not ready to mount the tires yet, so I will be a while before posting the installation photos.

IMG_3616.jpg

teking

I am currently running new BFG 37's on completely refurbished 12-bolt wheels with new O-rings and Trail-Worthy-Fab's PVC inserts (see my avatar). No run-flats. I am using CentroMatic balancers, consisting of steel balls rotating in a tube. These seem to work better than the Balance Masters, which has a fluid that rotates in a tube. I have owned and run both. The Balance Masters seem to have a better ability to balance the 37's, however they still do not completely smooth out the ride by themselves. I echo what Rich said above, if you plan to use either of these 2 products, you should at the very least have the tire/wheel assembly pre-balanced with stick-on weights prior to installation.

Having said all that, and from my past experience, I am convinced that Dyna-Beads will out-perform both Balance Masters and CentroMatics for heavy tires without having to pre-balance them with stick-on weights. Dyna Beads rotate inside the airspace in the tire at the outer-most diameter while rotating, as opposed to Balance Masters and Centromatics which rotate at a smaller diameter aroung the hub circle. Dyna Beads are small, perfectly round ceramic beads which can be installed through the valve stem after the wheel/tire has been assembled, and even after the wheel/tire has been installed on the vehicle. http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

I am preparing to mount a new set of 11.00/20 NDTs and new tubes on my custom 20" Firestone split rims, and I will install 16 ounces (a full pound) of Dyna Beads in each tube. I used Dyna Beads in my last set of 11.00/20s and the ride was as smooth as my wife's Mercedes. Here's a photo -

View attachment 795346
Please please please tell me the model number of the centromatics you use. I also have trailworth fab hummer wheels with PVC inserts. My difference is I have 24 bolt wheels and not 12. I bought the H1 centromatics and the did NOT fit. Which model are you running??

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk