• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

37 in tires on Cucv

jaylsworth

Ok, I have an m1008 thats stock right now except for a set of ORD zero rates. Id like to put a set of the 37in radial hmmwv tires on it. Im wondering what size lift I need to get without having to cut the fenders. It gets used mostly as a daily driver/farm truck so it lives its life on gravel roads and in the pasture for the most part, not heavy wheeling where you use the full suspension travel. Can I get away with a 4 in lift? Also, does anybody like one companies kit as apposed to another? Also wondering about rim width and backspacing for these tires. Anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks

Cucvnut

i have a five and a half or so lift i only had to trim the fenders because when i put zero rates up front i moved my axle forward. you can see what i mean on my build thread.