• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

38'' tires

odonnys

I recently acquired some 38s for my M1009. I need 18'' rims. Any suggestions? Also, how much cutting or lift will be needed? Any help will....well, help. Thanks a lot.

odonnys

thank you for the referral warthog. I recently bought my second 1009 and want to make it my trail rig. My 1st 1009 is my daily driver so I want to do something different with the ''new'' one. I guess most people here are more interested with preservation instead of modification.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thank you for the referral warthog. I recently bought my second 1009 and want to make it my trail rig. My 1st 1009 is my daily driver so I want to do something different with the ''new'' one. I guess most people here are more interested with preservation instead of modification.

There are too many other wheeling websites that deal with modifications to the blazers.

Most guys here do some minor mods, but prefer to keep them closer to stock.

scrambled

I would go with either a 6 inch lift and some trimming or 8 inch and be clear. For wheels, check out 4wheelparts.com for some steelies or desertrat.com has some bling wheels on closeout.

Are you going to run the factory axles and gears? 38's will be rough on the turbo400. I have 37s on my 1008 with 4.56s and it has lost some of its pep.

Travis

odonnys

:shock:This seems like its going to be a p.i.t.a. Maybe I should just sell the second one to my neighbor and just dump a bunch of money into the first one. I could always put the 38s on the Focus. :)

JUNKYARDJOHN

I've got 39" michlins 11.00 R 16s on my M1009 with a 6" lift (came that way... long story) & it's plenty of lift. (truck in my avatar) The turbo 400 will be just fine. It's darn near bullet proof.The weak point is the corporate axels with 3.08-1 ratio. I just last week bought a M1031 with 4.56-1 14 blt. detroit locker & dana 60 limited slip up front, & plan to swap axels between the two trucks. FINALLY!!! A POST THAT I CAN CONTRIBUTE ABOUT 35 YEARS OF 4 WHEELIN & TRUCK BUILDING EXPERIANCE . I love these green trucks & this website is the best info. source I could ever imagine.:) John

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks